- NU Home
- Pastoral Ministries Major
Pastoral Ministries Major
A calling can take many shapes, but serving in church leadership takes a special kind of person, one with commitment, integrity, and heart. It also requires specialized training, and that's where Northwest University's School of Ministry can help. The Pastoral Ministry program combines academic excellence with spiritual formation and hands-on experience in local churches to prepare you for full-time vocational ministry. When you graduate, you'll be ready to make a difference, one that has eternal impact.
Why Pastoral Ministries at NU?
- Choose from four different concentrations: Children and Family Ministries, Church and Ministry Leadership, General Ministries, or Youth and Family Ministries.
- Benefit from small classes that feature dynamic curriculum and one-on-one time with professors.
- Develop a culturally relevant approach to ministry—one that adapts to cultural changes without compromising biblical truth.
- Learn from highly qualified professors, all of which have doctorates in addition to real-world ministry experience.
- Study biblical and theological concepts along with leadership skills and church strategy for an education that fully equips you for full-time ministry.
- Engage with your learning through three semesters of internships at local churches.
- Join the School of Ministry's annual trip to Israel to see the Bible come alive, studying biblical lands and history on-location.
- Bethany Christian Assembly
- City Church
- New Life Renton
- Local church plants
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the positions that a degree in Pastoral Ministry can open up for you include:
- Associate Pastor
- Senior Pastor
- Youth Pastor
- Church Planter
- Business Leader
A complete list of courses for the Pastoral Ministries Major can be found in the Academic Catalog »
Talk to one of our enrollment counselors to get the answers you need.
Call 1.800.669.3781 or find your counselor online.