Hometown: Castle Rock, Washington
Degree: B.A. in Psychology, Northwest University
Toll Free: 1.800.669.3781
Hello! My name is Heather Shulke and I am the Campus Visitor Counselor here at Northwest. It is truly a blessing to work in this position and to be a part of the NU community I loved when I was a student here. I know the college search process can sometimes be overwhelming, and my goal is to make it easier for you by giving you a great campus visit experience! Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help you understand Northwest University a little more.
- Favorite aspect about NU: The opportunities for a variety of relationships, whether it is with fellow students or with faculty and staff. I met some of my closest friends at NU and picked up a few mentors, too! I am thankful to have relationships that challenge me to look at the multitude of blessings I have in my life.
- Top Seattle locations: Century Link or Safeco Fields during a game or a hole-in-the-wall coffee shop… which you will be able to find on just about any street corner!
- Favorite music: I grew up listening to country, which dominates a majority of my iTunes account. But I also enjoy discovering new alternative, acoustic, and singer/songwriter bands.
- Favorite food: I just like food! My mom’s homemade meals are at the top of the list.
- Hobbies: I have played volleyball for more than half my life, but I love watching and playing all different kinds of sports. I enjoy traveling, hanging out with my family, coaching, doing anything in the outdoors, and playing board/card games!
- Something interesting about me: I grew up on a poultry farm. I can drive a tractor, toss a hay bale onto a trailer, chase down a cow or pick up a pitchfork and know what to do with it! I consider it a God-thing that I was raised in such an environment – it was a blast!