Adult / Evening

Evening Undergraduate Programs

Financial Aid FAQs

Q: What types of financial aid are available to me?

A: The four types of financial aid are federal loans, scholarships, grants, and work study. The Federal Stafford Loans are low interest and must be paid after you leave school or drop below half time. Work study gives you the chance to earn money for school. Grants and scholarships are awarded by the state and federal government and the University. Visit the "Types of Aid" page to find out more.

Q: Must I be enrolled in school full time to obtain financial aid?

A: In order to receive financial aid you must be enrolled a minimum of six credits per semester in the College of Adult & Professional Studies.

Q: What about special circumstances not addressed on the FAFSA?

A: You should notify our office and we will provide you with a form to document the circumstance so that it can be submitted to a committee for review. These circumstances may include, but are not limited to, loss of income or employment and unforeseen medical expenses. We must have your FAFSA information to complete this process.

Q: When will my financial aid be disbursed?

A: Generally speaking, aid is disbursed two to three weeks after the start of your first class in the semester. However, because of the uniqueness of the program, disbursement may differ for each student. Please contact your financial aid counselor for more information regarding disbursement.