- NU Home
- Evening Undergraduate Programs
- B.A. in Pastoral Ministries
B.A. in Pastoral Ministries
The Bachelor of Arts in Pastoral Ministries is primarily designed to serve students who desire to build their degree upon the foundation of prior ministry experience. The course of study is holistic and general, with an emphasis on a thorough Core Curriculum requirement coupled with two years of Bible, Theology, and Practical Ministry Courses.
The College of Ministry is dedicated to assisting students in the development of "heart, soul, mind and strength," in the service of ministry. The Pastoral Ministries Major has been designed to address the challenge of continuing education for adult students in today's fast paced, ever changing world. The graduate with this degree should be able to:
- Demonstrate biblical literacy and exegetical skills
- Present a careful reasoned, coherent Christian World View
- Lead a life of integrity, compassion, service, and self-sacrifice base on the Christ-centered application of biblical truth
- Communicate the gospel through effective strategies of evangelism, teaching, preaching, and discipleship
- Exhibit habits of learning through experience, self reflection, critical thinking, sensitivity toward diversity, and personal prayer
- Comprehend and apply effective leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Understand and utilize media, computing resources, and basic financial data
- Show evidence of confidence, understanding, and skill in leading worship, administering ordinances of the church, caring for the suffering, and leading other ministry activities of encouragement and comfort
A complete list of courses for the B.A. in Pastoral Ministries program can be found in the Academic Catalog.
Find Out More
You can request more information, or speak with our Enrollment Counselors.