- NU Home
- Center for English Language Education
- Tuition & Scholarships
Center for English Language Education
Tuition & Scholarships
- CELE tuition: $5,330 per semester
Fall: mid-August – beginning of December
Spring: January – beginning of May
Summer: June – beginning of August
- 12–18 credits per semester (4–6 classes) in the package price
Students test into the skill level of classes, but may choose how many classes to take
- $444/ CELE class credit. Applicants can apply for individual CELE courses.
For example, one CELE 3-credit class will be $1332.
University Student Fees
- Application: $30
- Orientation: $60 (first semester only)
- CELE activities: $120
- Class registration: $25
- NU Student Services Fee*: $238 (every semester)
*NU Student Services Fee includes: ASB activities, on-campus nurse & wellness counseling
Health Insurance (required):
$500 each semester.
Health insurance is provided by a separate company, Lewermark Insurance, and prices are subject to change without notice.
All students must have health insurance.
- $3,810 (double occupancy dorm room) per semester
- $300 deposit (refundable, due with housing application)
- Meal plan fee is included in housing fee (20 meals/week)
Costs for students living off campus will vary.
Students must pay for the first semester in full before the I-20 will be issued by Northwest University.
- Church-Matching Scholarship: CELE will match up to $500 of church scholarship per year. (Will not match wages earned from a church or a gift from one donor in the church.)
- CELE Alumni Scholarship: The Alumni Scholarship is a way for graduating and former students and teachers to support current students with financial need. The scholarship will be given in the student's second semester, based on financial need and availability of funds. Request application if you are eligible.