Dr. Sarah Drivdahl
Psychology, Chair of Undergraduate Psychology
- B.A. Western Washington University, 1994
- M.A. Kent State University, 1997
- Ph.D. Kent State University, 2000
Dr. Drivdahl directed a cognitive lab at Kent State University and presently conducts memory research at Northwest University. She has coauthored six professional papers and has contributed to presentations at meetings of the Psychonomics Society, Midwestern Psychological Society, amd Western Psychological Association. She taught at Kent State University and is in her eleventh year at Northwest University.
- Drivdahl, S. B., & Zargoza, M. S. (2001). The role of perceptual elaboration and individual differences in the creation of false memory for suggested events. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 15, 265-281.
- Drivdahl, S. B., & Zargoza, M. S. (2001). The role of imaginary and individual differences in the creation of false memories for suggested events. Applied Cognitive Psychology.
- Levin, D. T., Drivdahl, S. B., & Momen, N. (2002). False predictions about the detectability of unexpected visual changes: The role of beliefs about attention, memory, and the continuity of attended objects in causing change blindness blindness. Consciousness and Conition: An International Journal, 11, 507-527.
- Levin, D. T., Momen, N., Drivdahl, S. B., & Simons, D. J. (2000). Change blindness, blindness: The metacognitive error of overestimating change-detection ability. Visual Cognition, 7, 397-412.
- Zargoza, M. S., Payment, K. P., Ackil, J., Drivdahl, S. B., & Beck, M. (2011). False memories for suggestions: The impact of conceptual elaboration. Journal of Memory and Language, 64, 18-31.
- Zargoza, M. S., Payment, K. P., Ackil, J., Drivdahl, S. B., & Beck, M. (2001). Interviewing witnesses: Forced confabulations and confirmatory feedback increases false memories. Psychological Science, 12, 473-477.
I have a wonderful husband and two terrific boys, Noah and Ezra. Our favorite things to do together are either to be cozy at home and read out loud, or to have an adventure outside, usually hiking, biking, kayaking, or backpacking.
The Bible (of course)
The Practice of the Presence of God, Brother Lawrence
The Pursuit of God, A.W. Tozer
Celebration of Discipline, R. Foster
Foxe’s Book of Martyrs
The Hiding Place, Corrie Ten Boom
Out of Solitude, Henri Nouwen
The Marriage Builder, Larry Crabb
The Pressure’s Off, Larry Crabb