Eagle Fitness Coordinator
The Fitness Center Coordinator executes the development, marketing, implementation, supervision, safety and coordination of the Eagle Fitness Center and its programming. This person will hire, train, schedule, approve time cards and supervise the fitness center attendants and provide for the general care and maintenance of the fitness equipment and the facility. The Fitness Center Coordinator also serves as a fitness center attendant for 20 hours per week during the academic year (September-May), and will serve 15 hours per week as attendant staffing over the summer (June-August). This is a 12 month part time .47 FTE position.
- Execute the development, marketing, implementation, supervision, safety and coordination of a comprehensive fitness center and its programming.
- Assist in the development of a long range planning for the fitness center including equipment inventory, planning equipment replacement/upgrades, scheduling equipment maintenance, evaluating of ongoing programming as well as developing and implementing new programming, and potential new revenue streams.
- Staff the fitness center. Recruit, interview, hire, train, and supervise student employees as room attendants. Determine work schedule, assign work, evaluate performance, and provide support as necessary.
- Establish a training program for student employees to include training on fitness center equipment, customer orientation procedures, safety regulations, emergency procedures, and performance evaluation.
- Anticipate needs of ongoing functions within the facility. Answer questions and relay information about services and programs, interpret and communicate policies and procedures as delegated by the Assistant Athletic Director.
- Maintain safety standards in the fitness center and respond in a timely manner to any reasonably foreseeable situations/problems.
- Develop, manage and maintain the membership process and records including basic usage data and corresponding reports, informed consent forms, medical history, fitness evaluation forms and any other appropriate process or documentation.
- Serve as the fitness attendant for 20 hours per week.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Ability to work with diverse populations of students, employees and alumni
- Good Verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, athletic or fitness training or the coordination of athletic events
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
11220 NE 53rd Street, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.
« Back to Jobs at Northwest