Student Finance Advisor
Financial Aid Services
The Student Finance Advisor is responsible for providing excellent customer service to students in relation to their financial aid and student accounts. Assesses student finance needs and provides recommendations which enable students to develop a comprehensive financial plan to complete their education. Is proactive in assisting students and other employees in resolving basic student finance issues which may prevent funding of educational expenses. Expedites issue resolution for students and campus staff with the assistance of authorized members of their team. The responsibilities of this position include inbound call handling, responding to written requests via email, performing routine account maintenance, submitting requests to resolve student finance issues and accepting payments over the phone. This is a full-time 1.0 FTE position.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers by being available to handle inbound telephone calls and by responding to written inquiries. Displays excellent customer service skills in every interaction.
- Assists students in all aspects of their financial aid, and student account.
- Follows up on all items preventing or delaying the awarding and disbursement of financial aid to ensure that all students are ready to disburse at or before the start of each term.
- Documents and tracks all calls and interactions into appropriate systems.
- Is knowledgeable in handling questions from students and campus personnel. Has a basic understanding of all systems related to the student’s account and eligibility.
- Provides support for the resolution of current student accounts. Includes assisting in providing billing information, assisting with routine mailings, providing instruction/counsel for students and maintaining accurate file documentation. Makes collection phone calls for resolving accounts of current students.
- Takes ownership of student finance issue resolution and is able to resolve basic issues independently. Seeks assistance from supervisor to resolve issues which are complex, urgent or exceptional.
- Reviews files for possible compliance findings to federal, state or institutional regulations, and escalates, as needed to supervisor.
- Supports and works in cooperation with other departments.
- Completes departmental reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, students and prospective students using tact, courtesy, good judgment, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and the ability to provide attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- Expertise in the use of office equipment: personal computer, and software program such as Windows, Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, flexible, ability to multi-task and be interruptible.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships.
- One to three years of Financial Aid experience is preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain the complexities of student financial policy and issues.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
11220 NE 53rd Street, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.
« Back to Jobs at Northwest