Copy Cataloger, Sacramento Campus (Temporary Position)
Perform library technical tasks such as catalog maintenance functions, management of cataloging workflow and the selection, input and updating of library database records. Temporary, full-time position from April through August 2014.
- Search for records for a variety of formats using various interfaces, software and database search tools. Input, revision, and/or enhancement of catalog records in local, regional, national, and international databases using specific knowledge of RDA, AACR2r, MaRC, LCC and local practice.
- Identification, verification, and processing of complex added copies/volumes; maintain complex holdings records.
- Processing and maintenance of records in the local database according to collection development and/or cataloging decisions, and manage processing of materials.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree or an AA in Library & Information Services.
- One year of applicable library experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform very detailed work with accuracy and efficiency.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills: able to communicate verbally and in writing with students, faculty, and staff.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Internet.
- Able to lift, move, carry, and shelve library materials with the assistance of a book cart.
- Able to use a computer, mouse and keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination. Proven ability to get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
11220 NE 53rd Street, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.
« Back to Jobs at Northwest