International Student Services Coordinator
The Office of International Studies/ International Studies Department is hiring a coordinator of International Student Services (ISS) to effectively manage the growing international student population at NU. Qualified candidates will provide excellent customer service at all stages of international students’ contact with NU. This is a .75FTE @ 30 hours per week.
- Create and maintain accurate international student files.
- Create and maintain educational recruitment agency database. Update and process commissions.
- Develop brochures and newsletters as needed for recruitment or enrollment activities.
- Maintain & update ISS website.
- Maintain & update ISS Office forms.
- Follow-up with student documentation needs.
- Assist in recruiting efforts.
Health Insurance Coordination Support
- Administer health insurance registration and documentation, including payments / billing.
- Assist students with health issues such as finding a physician and submitting claims.
Student Life Support
- Assist students with obtaining SSN, driver’s license, bank accounts, etc.
- Assist in the physical acclimation process of all new international students by assisting them with their initial needs.
- Assist with delivery of international student support services.
- Assist with International Student Orientation, Arrival, and Departure.
- Assist with International Student Club activities, workshop and orientation tasks.
Provide excellent customer service experience.
- Answer inquiries about Northwest University in a professional and timely manner.
- Create information sharing systems to guide students to relevant university resources and academic calendars.
- Coordinate necessary communication between Director, Students, and other relevant parties both internally and externally.
Design and update the website and other social media sites as necessary.
- Update and maintain web design and content.
- Maintain up-to-date academic information.
- Produce photo galleries and news stories.
- Create design elements that can be used in marketing campaigns.
- Participate in the design of print and integrated marketing efforts.
Support and advise international students.
- Provide immigration and academic advice.
- Plan cultural field trip as necessary.
- Support International Student Services Director at orientation and cultural events.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- B.A in human development, cultural studies, international business (or some internationally-related degree), education, psychology, ministry or a related field.
- Knowledge of SEVIS is preferred.
- Experience living abroad and/or working with International students.
- Strong writing skills: creative, precise, engaging, and audience appropriate.
- Experience managing and creating online content.
- Ability to work independently without supervision or assistance.
- Good social skills, imagination, creativity, and versatility.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence and unlawful discrimination.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
11220 NE 53rd Street, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.
« Back to Jobs at Northwest