Financial Aid Counselor - GPS
Financial Aid Services
With minimum supervision, this position is solely responsible and accountable for: Professionally presenting Northwest University’s financial aid opportunities to the assigned constituents; the administration of all financial aid programs for the Graduate and Professional Studies (GPS) program; creating and maintaining individual and generalized records in accordance with federal, state and institutional regulations; the oversight of federal and state compliance requirements as it pertains to institutional audits by said governmental agencies. The Financial Aid counselor is responsible for making award decisions regarding awarding of aid to the students. This is a full-time 1.0 FTE.
- Counsels prospective and continuing students (individual appointments, telephone and email) on the financial aid process at NU, tracks documents requirements, packages and verifies student records in compliance with federal requirements and prepares and creates awarding policies Identifies documents required.
- Creates informational materials, applications, and consumer information in compliance with federal and state requirements. Materials to be updated annually, or as needed.
- Is an active participant in GPS interdepartmental meetings, Financial Aid Staff meetings and training opportunities on campus. Represents Financial Aid Services in all GPS meetings.
- Resolves conflicting information between student applications and federal tax returns in compliance with A133 and federal requirements.
- Prepares and executes the financial aid portion of registration events for Graduate and Adult Evening Programs (often evening events).
- Cross trained in traditional enrollment financial aid activities; customer service, packaging, verification, Northwest Fridays.
- Participates in financial aid training activities off-campus and/or online as deemed appropriate by the director.
- Collaborates with the Student Accounts Office regarding financial aid and payment options for Students.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- One to three years of Financial Aid experience is preferred and a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, students and prospective students using tact, courtesy, good judgment, confidentiality and occasional humor.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and the ability to provide attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills: verbal and written
- Expertise in the use of office equipment: personal computer, and software program such as Windows, Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, flexible, ability to multi-task and be interruptible.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
11220 NE 53rd Street, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.
« Back to Jobs at Northwest