Student Accounts Office Coordinator
With minimum supervision, this position is responsible and accountable for: professionally representing Northwest University’s financial policies to all prospective, current, and previous students, parents, staff and faculty. This position is the primary point of contact for the student accounts office in person, by phone, and through email and other electronic formats. This is a full time 1.0 FTE position.
- Provides critical financial counseling to prospective and current students and parents in person, telephone, and email as to the availability of financial aid and the appropriate application process.
- Responds to questions and problem solves issues regarding status of financial aid applications, award letters, verification, disbursement of aid, in person and over the phone.
- Responsible for communicating with prospective and current students and parents in person, by telephone, and email, all aspects of institutional financial policies including out of pocket costs, late fees, and deadlines.
- Responsible to create out of pocket estimates for new and continuing students and disburse estimates to students through email. Communicate with students and parents regarding questions about estimates and options for resolution of student account.
- Participates in registration and orientation events and required staff and professional meetings. Attends and participates in professional organizations as determined by supervisor.
- Trains and supervises student employees.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, students, and prospective students using tact, courtesy, good judgment, confidentiality and occasional humor.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and the ability to provide attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- Expertise in the use of office equipment: personal computer, calculator, fax machine and software programs such as Windows, Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, flexible, ability to multi-task and be interruptible.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships.
- One to three years of financial aid experience and a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.
« Back to Jobs at Northwest