Office of the President
Provide full-time executive-level administrative assistance and support to the President and Director for the Office of the President. Position includes office management, scheduling and meeting coordination, budget monitoring, travel arrangements, special events, special projects, clerical support, inter-office communication, supervision of support staff, and the discretionary exercise of judgment and decision-making within broadly established parameters. This is a full-time 1.0 FTE position.
- Provide high level customer service to all guests of the President and University.
- Manage the smooth and efficient operation/activity of the office in a professional manner. Coordinate office systems and records management while providing efficient, responsive executive-level support to the President, including procedural aspects of expediting the work of the department, maintaining the President’s contact list, processing meeting requests and calendar, purchasing books, gifts, etc., prepare meeting agendas as needed.
- Maintain the President’s calendar and daily schedule, including: scheduling all appointments, meeting requests, conference calls and speaking engagements. Assure meeting details are confirmed and the President is fully briefed prior to meetings/projects/speaking engagements.
- Screen, sort and route incoming correspondence, reports, surveys, instructions, etc. Independently create correspondence and reports on the President’s behalf and when requested, delegate to the proper director or department.
- Review outgoing correspondence for accuracy and conformance with general policy/style and supervise distribution. Follow-up on responses pending and work in progress. Distribute written communications in response to incoming requests or needs.
- Retrieve and assemble statistical or informative materials. Maintain and update filing system for correspondence, reports, financial and budget records.
- Facilitate necessary arrangements for meetings and travel for the President including transportation, hotel reservations, preparation of conference registrations, itineraries, and processing the accounting of all travel expenses and reimbursements.
- Assist with organizing and coordinating activities of the Board of Directors.
- Provide executive-level support for all Board of Directors meetings (including Executive Committee meetings).
- Coordination of front desk coverage.
- Coordinate with the Development Department in managing contacts for fundraising and donor relations.
- Contact churches to arrange speaking engagements for President.
- Perform other work-related duties or projects as assigned by the President or Director.
- Bilingual – Must be fluent in speaking Spanish and speaking/writing English.
- College graduate or equivalent education/experience desirable.
- Five years of executive-level administrative experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that can be maintained in high levels of stress and in a wide range of environmental settings such as office, meeting, event, etc. Strong communication skills for both written and oral communication.
- Possess the ability to independently manage large volumes of complex tasks, react with an appropriate sense of urgency and sensitivity, demonstrate creative problem solving, critical thinking techniques, ability to assume responsibility and perform all duties without direct supervision, wisely exercise discretion and independent judgment, make decisions with the scope of assigned authority.
- Exhibit exceptional organizational and time management skills, highly detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, high level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
11220 NE 53rd Street, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.
« Back to Jobs at Northwest