Development Services Program Manager
The Development Services Program Manager will report to the Director of Alumni and Parent Relations to ensure growth and success of the University. The Development Services Program Manager will coordinate and supervise the student Solicitation Team, ensuring they’re equipped, productive, and motivated as they help with Development Department tasks. The Development Services Program Manager will also serve as an additional point of contact for the University for specific constituents (Donors, Alumni, and Parents); as well as will strive to continuously improve operations. This is a 1.0 FTE position.
- Supervise the Solicitation Team (seven student workers), who will make fundraising calls and carry out development tasks in order to grow donor base and giving efforts.
- Set team goals for each call campaign and marketing efforts.
- Administer training for all student workers.
- Assist with Opportunity Fund campaign logistics and Solicitation team coordination.
- Acknowledge all donor gifts with Solicitation Team thank you cards.
- Track all Appeal outcomes/success (Team goals and incentives).
- Track donor stories, successful phone calls, donations given.
- Coach, encourage, and mentor Development Assistants.
- Hold weekly meetings/Bible study with student workers.
DONOR AND ALUMNI RELATIONS
- Assist in building effective and ongoing relationships with donors, prospects, and alumni.
- Communicate with donors, prospects, and alumni via phone calls, email, hand-written notes, and letters.
- Plan and assist with Alumni events (Staff each event and assist with logistics i.e. Scholarship Banquet, President's Banquet, Benaroya, New alumni Breakfast and 50th reunion celebration, and HOF).
- Manage Opportunity Fund Appeals (CY, FY end and Fall; Act 6, 3 mailings each school year).
- Respond to alumni and donor requests for information and resources in a timely manner.
- Prepare and mail follow-up letters and information as requested by alumni and friends.
- Make all constituent updates in Power Campus, and submit update highlights to Marketing (quarterly) to be used in Passages.
- Document Scholarship and Endowment files/contacts to ensure institutional information is consistently kept up to date.
- Track and submit metrics for donor and alumni interaction.
- Monthly mail out of Alumni Birthday Postcards
- Young Alum communication and update information.
- Encourage and pray with constituents.
- Social media; manage NU Facebook Prayer Group, Alumni Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Work as direct support to the Development Program Manager, and the Executive Director of the Foundation; organizing and coordinating events and projects.
- Update web content for the Foundation website and act as marketing liaison for Development.
- Coordinate administration for interdepartmental projects.
- Create and implement systems for procedures done in the department.
- Provide research for staff leadership.
- Maintain a professional and organized work or office space.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Completion of a college degree or higher.
- Ability to conduct a relational telephone conversation, email, or letter with skill and grace.
- Ability and desire to represent Northwest University in a positive way.
- Disciplined work habits and personal motivation.
- Dependable in attendance, follow through and task completion.
- Interest in continuing in the position for several years strongly preferred.
- Must maintain a specified level of productivity with an understanding that the tasks at hand are important to the future of the University.
- Must demonstrate an ability to adhere to policy and procedures established by the University.
- Demonstrates commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively; getting along well with co-workers, dealing effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.
« Back to Jobs at Northwest