Office Assistant - Traditional Admissions
Provide administrative support and technical knowledge for the Traditional Admissions office. Duties will include processing applications, preparing correspondence, maintaining data bases, files, and general statistical reports. This is a full-time 1.0 FTE.
- Processes Applications: Opens, dates and sorts mail records and enters data, generates and sends letters and packets, inspects transcripts, calculates GPA's and tracks tentative approvals.
- Maintains Data Bases and File: Queries data base, generates and sends weekly letters stating missing documents, records and enters data and files.
- Answers Inquiries: Informs, guides, refers, and schedules appointments on phone and in person.
- Generates Statistical Reports: Queries data base calculates, copies, distributes and coordinates with Registrar's Office.
- Produces Forms and Letters: Composes, drafts, and forms; monitors and restocks supply of forms. Evaluates and recommends improvements in procedures, forms, and letters.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- High School diploma required, Bachelors Degree preferred
- Have or develop thorough knowledge of University catalog
- University admissions experience desirable
- Ability to keyboard at least 55 wpm accurately; ability to use office equipment such as computer terminal, calculator, copier and fax machine
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook, and data base programs
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and efficient
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
11220 NE 53rd Street, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.
« Back to Jobs at Northwest