The Development Representatives work to create positive and lasting relationships with alumni, donors, parents, and friends of NU. The goal of this position is to make meaningful connections through successful fundraising calls, primarily for the Opportunity Fund and Act Six Scholars, which supports student scholarships. The focus of this call team will be to increase donor participation/giving and expand our donor base through new donor giving. Development Representatives report to the Development Services Program Manager.
• Build effective and ongoing relationships with NU alumni,donors, parents,and friends of NU.
• Implemented through successful fundraising calls, primarily for the Opportunity Fund and Act Six Scholars, which supports student scholarships.
• Communicate primarily by phone calls with additional communication via email, hand- written notes, and letters.
• Encourage and pray with individuals if applicable.
• Respond to requests for information and resources in a timely manner.
• Prepare and mail follow-up letters and information as requested.
• Document contacts and ensure institutional information is kept up to date.
• Maintain a professional and organized work or office space.
• Assist with department events and other various projects needed to connect with donors.
• Must be a full or part-time student enrolled at Northwest University.
• Ability to conduct an unscripted and impromptu relational telephone conversation with excellent phone etiquette, pleasant voice,good enunciation and solid vocabulary.
• Phone and/or fundraising experience is preferred,but not required. Training is provided.
• A passion and belief in the vision and mission of Northwest University.
• Disciplined work habits, self-initiative, and personal motivation.
• Dependable in attendance, follow through and task completion.
• Students with an interest in continuing in the position for several years strongly preferred.
September 2014 - May 2015 employment. Estimated 10-12 hours per week. Flexible hours between 1pm - 6pm, Monday through Friday.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.