- NU Home
- Jobs at Northwest
- On-Campus Student Employment
- Student Position
Office Assistant (Student) - Academic Success & Advising
Department: Academic Success & Advising
- Reports to: Services Coordinator
- Number of Positions: 1
This part-time position supports the general functions of the Office of Academic Success and Advising through; basic record keeping, filing, maintaining files and resources, greeting current and prospective students and their parents. It requires a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to students who seek out the services the Academic Success Office provides.
- Coordinate office functions, greet students, and schedule testing/advising appointments.
- Create bulletin boards, PR materials and other publications as requested.
- Maintain office Resources and Supplies, requesting new stock as necessary.
- Maintain databases and work on statistical projects as requested.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Some evening work required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to loud noise levels.
- Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher.
- Ability to work independently and ask for help or direction as needed.
- Ability to take direction from more than one supervisor to staff member and prioritize projects.
- Familiarity with Northwest University’s Academic Programs and Policies.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Employment during the academic year, to begin Fall 2015. Estimated 16 hours per week. Varying hours between 9am and 5pm. Shifts normally scheduled Mondays through Fridays.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
« Back to On-Campus Student Employment