- NU Home
- Jobs at Northwest
- On-Campus Student Employment
- Student Position
- Reports to: Aerie Coordinator
- Number of Positions: 1
To serve the NU Community by making outstanding coffee drinks, efficiently working the register, and promoting the coffee stand with customer service, consistent preparation of drinks, and a loving Christian attitude. Coffee stand employees will also be responsible for keeping the stand clean during their shift, locking up supplies and valuables, and keeping track of their own hours.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Record all time worked on the time sheet.
- Remain behind the stand at all times during your shift; not leaving for any reason except to make deliveries or to use the restroom.
- Ring up on the cash register using proper procedures.
- If opening or closing; follow the Opening and Closing Guidelines.
- Assist the Aerie Café Coordinator in any miscellaneous tasks that may arise during a normal work day.
- Protecting the Aerie from theft/fraud by not giving out free or discounted drinks unless authorized to do so.
- Keep the Aerie Stand, Kitchen and Dining room clean; show care and respect for equipment by performing regular cleaning maintenance.
- Can make one free drink per day one works for own consumption only; free drink must be made during or at the end of shift, and may not be given to anyone else.
- Maintain the Christian standards of behavior, in accordance with Northwest University policy, both at work and in personal lives.
- Must be dependable, well groomed and agree to the rules of employment.
- Individuals filling this position will need an up to date food handler's permit.
- Barista experience is a plus, but not required. We will train people to make great coffee regardless of their experience.
Immediate opening. Work hours between 10:00am - 3:00pm, Monday through Friday. Part-time hours up to 20 hours per week.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
« Back to On-Campus Student Employment