- NU Home
- Jobs at Northwest
- On-Campus Student Employment
- Student Position
Library Student Assistant
Department: Hurst Library
- Reports to: Circulation Manager
- Number of Positions: 1
Attends to library tasks including checking materials in and out, attending to the circulation desk, processing library materials, and providing service to library patrons. This is a student worker position and is limited to no more than twenty hours per week when classes are in session.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Some weekend/evening work required.
- Position works with some confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- The functions are usually performed while standing or sitting, but may require some amount of time stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
- Shelves materials, shelf reads assigned areas
- Keeps the library and student work areas in order
- Charges, renews, discharges materials, and processes new materials
- Performs basic maintenance on printers, copiers, and computers
- Answers basic service/directional questions
- Performs basic cleanup and mending tasks and special projects as assigned
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Performs opening and closing procedures daily
- Must be currently enrolled at NU.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, the ability to follow complex instructions and have good hand-eye coordination.
- Be able to use a mouse, scanner and keyboard on a computer.
- Basic experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Temporary summer employment, 5/12/14 - 8/24/14. Estimated 20 hours per week. Usual hours between 9:00am - 10:00pm, Monday - Saturday.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
« Back to On-Campus Student Employment