- NU Home
- Jobs at Northwest
- On-Campus Student Employment
- Student Position
Office Assistant - Wellness Center
Department: Wellness Center
- Reports to: Wellness Center Office Coordinator
- Number of Positions: 1
This part-time (15hrs/week) position is responsible for supporting the health education/promotion endeavors of the Wellness Center as well as assisting the office coordinator with general office and administrative tasks.
- Manage Health 101 (on-line health magazine) promo and dissemination
- Create and maintain bulletin boards, prepare electronic screen promo, and disseminate health info.
- Update and manage Wellness Center web page content (WordPress)
- Create health and wellness educational and promotional materials
- Assist with event planning and coordination, promotion, and facilitation
- Conduct research and organization of resource/reference materials for various topics, tasks, and projects
- Assist with medical supply inventories and stocking
- Some organization / cleaning
- Perform other work related duties as assigned
- Document production and revisions, data entry, report preparation, filing, and general office tasks
- Regularly required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Occasional evening work required for an evening event.
- Position works in a strictly confidential office environment.
- Experience working in an office setting
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word; Excel; Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, WordPress)
- Ability to conduct research to locate needed information and resources
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a supportive work environment with multiple employees/services.
- Must be flexible, willing to take initiative, and able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to take direction from more than one supervisor /staff member and prioritize projects
- Necessitates strict confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively; interact positively with co-workers and students; and demonstrate professional office etiquette.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
The functions are usually performed while sitting at a desk, but may involve some stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, and stretching. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Negotiable/flexible 15 hours a week, flexible schedule within time frame of Monday–Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with occasional evening hours when helping with an event
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
« Back to On-Campus Student Employment