- NU Home
- Jobs at Northwest
- On-Campus Student Employment
- Student Position
Maintenance Assistant - Student
- Reports to: Director of Maintenance
- Number of Positions: 4
This student position assists Maintenance Staff in general maintenance, preventive maintenance and repairs for facilities and University owned housing.
- Provides assistance to Maintenance Staff in general maintenance and repairs for facilities and University-owned housing utilizing hand tools, power tools, and other equipment as needed. This could include electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, painting, roof repairs, concrete work, appliance repair and installation, and general maintenance of irrigation systems, as necessary.
- Assists in annual preventive maintenance work projects such as repairs to decks, stairs, gutters, dorms, facilities and University-owned housing.
- Move various types of furniture around campus (desks, tables, chairs, shelves, couches, beds).
- Pick up and process campus garbage including the FIRS and new student Housing.
- Perform landscaping duties if needed like weeding, mulching, etc.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Able to work up to the 3rd week of August preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions
- Ability to push a minimum of 75 lbs (power cleaning devices)
- Ability to lift a minimum 50 pounds (trash and supplies)
- Able to operate all maintenance tools effectively and safely.
- Possess current, valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Able to handle maintenance request respectfully and appropriately
Monday - Friday, 7:00am – 3:30pm
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
« Back to On-Campus Student Employment