The purpose of the Marketing Department at Northwest University is to facilitate external communication between the University and the public. Our commitment is to a high standard of quality in marketing materials. By fostering a creative environment, we are able to provide unique, relevant marketing content in a timely and professional manner.
Our goal for the Photography Student Worker program is to create a mutually beneficial opportunity for students wanting to develop media-related skill sets, as well as real-world experience in applying those skills.
Student workers should expect to bring an attitude of collaboration, a strong work ethic, and a creative outlook to the team. Under the supervision of the Art Director, all student workers will be responsible for photo and video contributions to the marketing team.
1. Attend and photograph various campus events.
2. Photograph athletic and campus life subjects.
3. Coordinate various campus and location photo shoots.
4. Organize and add additional information to current library.
5. Weekly online interaction with NU 's official social media and visual platforms.
6. Weekly 30-minute supervisory meetings with the Art Director.
7. Assist in recruiting talent for various marketing projects.
8. Assist with enhancing the Marketing Department's creative workspace.
9. Develop physical and digital versions of a personal and professional portfolio.
10. Must complete the semester project (see below).
Each semester the student worker will be responsible for completing a minimum of 25 hours worth of work as part of a semester project. This work is included in the 10 hour weekly requirement, spread over the course of the semester. Projects may consist of the following content:
1. Create a 3-5 minute video project on a campus-related subject.
2. Organize a photo-shoot of a particular campus subject, collaborating with the Art Director.
1. Must have strong demonstrated photography skills. Samples required.
2. Must have proficiency with photo editing software (Photoshop, Lightroom, VSCO, etc.).
3. Must have strong conceptual abilities.
4. Must be willing to ask for guidance when unsure but will also work with independence once a project is clearly defined.
5. Must be able to accept feedback on photography to improve the final product.
6. Must work well with others, represent the NU marketing team with professionalism, and maintain our high standards of quality in communications.
Estimated 10 - 15 hours per week, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9am - 5pm.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.