- NU Home
- Jobs at Northwest
- On-Campus Student Employment
- Student Position
Department: Conference & Event Services
- Reports to: Director of Conference & Event Services
- Number of Positions: 1
The Conference Coordinator is a Student Worker position designed to provide a Northwest University student the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge in the areas of event management and conference services through hospitality, sales, event correspondence, and administrative tasks necessary to manage the ongoing facility rentals for the campus. The Conference Coordinator will work with the Assistant Director of Conference & Event Services on the logistics for all outside groups who are using the campus for events including conferences, summer camps, and meetings, and includes setting up and tearing down events. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
This is a part-time position during the school year and full-time over the summer months. Summer lodging is provided on campus for this position and required.
- Handles Facility Request Forms and Sets up Event Orders and Event details.
- Coordinates event details with clients via phone calls and email correspondence.
- Is the University Attendant during client events providing assistance as needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Some weekend/evening work required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Requires work in outdoor weather conditions, including wet, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Must be a current student at Northwest University.
- Must be detail oriented: thorough and accurate.
- Must have computer experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have professional phone etiquette.
- Must provide exceptional customer service and previous experience is preferred.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Previous office experience preferred.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
This is a part-time (estimated 20 hours per week) position during the school year and full-time over the summer months. Usual hours worked between 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Closing date of 12/31/15 for all interested applicants.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
« Back to On-Campus Student Employment