Where Literature and Life Intersect
Language is a powerful tool. We use it everyday to communicate with each other, to express ourselves, to make sense of the world around us. Northwest University's English program can help you harness the power of the written and spoken word to develop skills that you will use for the rest of your life, no matter what your career path. You'll study literature, poetry, and drama from around the world, exploring different perspectives and worldviews while challenging your own.
Why English at NU?
- Choose from three different concentrations: Literature, Writing, and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- Benefit from small class sizes, which allow one-on-one time with professors and a personalized learning experience.
- Develop valuable communication skills that are highly sought-after in the workplace.
- Learn both critical and creative writing, as well as public speaking skills, from professors who are accomplished in their fields, which range from publishing, to research, to literary analysis, and more.
- Engage your faith through studying world literature and other religious and cultural traditions.
- Join Sigma Tau Delta, the International English Honor Society.
- Pacific Northwest Writers Association
- Seattle Magazine
- Relevant Magazine
- Gig Harbor History Museum
- Northwest University Marketing Department
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the career paths you can take with a degree in English include:
A complete list of courses can be found in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Talk to one of our enrollment counselors to get the answers you need.
Call 1-800-669-3781 or find your counselor online.