Become a Global Business Leader
As a society, we're more interconnected than ever before — and, if you're seeking to break into the field of business, it's likely that you'll be working with colleagues half a world away. That's why understanding global economics and being comfortable in cross-cultural environments is so important. NU's international business program provides that relevant experience with internships and study abroad opportunities, giving you a competitive edge in this growing field — so you can lead with confidence, wherever life takes you.
Why International Business at NU?
- Benefit from small classes where you receive personal attention from professors who care about your success.
- Develop an understanding of the workings of the global economy, along with knowledge of strategies used by multinational corporations and how to manage in cross-cultural environments.
- Learn from highly qualified faculty members with international business experience.
- Integrate your faith with your learning to develop an approach to business informed by ethics and integrity.
- Put your learning into action through internships that offer real-world experience with international businesses.
- Spend a full semester abroad, studying the culture, language, government, history and economics of another country.
- Have confidence in the quality of your education with a degree accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the positions that a degree in International Business can open up for you include:
- International Finance Consultant
- Management Consultant
- Manager for a multinational organization
Word from the College of Business
Dean & Professor of Business
"At Northwest University, you will develop business skills in the context of a Christian perspective. All students take a series of core courses in the fundamentals of economics, accounting, management, marketing, and finance before they focus on advanced major courses. Pursuing a career in business is an extraordinary opportunity to serve others and fulfill your unique calling, while creating positive social change and honoring God by contributing to a vibrant economy."
A complete list of courses can be found in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.