Become a Global Business Leader
As a society, we're more interconnected than ever before — and, if you're seeking to break into the field of business, it's likely that you'll be working with colleagues half a world away. That's why understanding global economics and being comfortable in cross-cultural environments is so important. NU's international business program provides that relevant experience with internships and study abroad opportunities, giving you a competitive edge in this growing field — so you can lead with confidence, wherever life takes you.
Why International Business at NU?
- Benefit from small classes where you receive personal attention from professors who care about your success.
- Develop an understanding of the workings of the global economy, along with knowledge of strategies used by multinational corporations and how to manage in cross-cultural environments.
- Learn from highly qualified faculty members with international business experience.
- Integrate your faith with your learning to develop an approach to business informed by ethics and integrity.
- Put your learning into action through internships that offer real-world experience with international businesses.
- Spend a full semester abroad, studying the culture, language, government, history and economics of another country.
- Have confidence in the quality of your education with a degree accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the positions that a degree in International Business can open up for you include:
- International Finance Consultant
- Management Consultant
- Manager for a multinational organization
Word from the College of Business
Dean & Professor of Business
"At Northwest University, you will develop business skills in the context of a Christian perspective. All students take a series of core courses in the fundamentals of economics, accounting, management, marketing, and finance before they focus on advanced major courses. Pursuing a career in business is an extraordinary opportunity to serve others and fulfill your unique calling, while creating positive social change and honoring God by contributing to a vibrant economy."
A complete list of courses can be found in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Northwest University Business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs. Accreditation standards are modeled on the Baldrige National Quality Program. This recognition assures students and employers that Northwest University Business Programs use the same standards as those used by businesses, health care providers, and others to recognize excellence. More information about ACBSP Accreditation can be found at http://www.acbsp.org.
Northwest University has been recognized by the Sales Education Foundation (SEF) as a "Top Universities for Professional Sales Education" program in their 2017 annual magazine. The SEF recognizes our university for preparing students for successful careers in professional selling and helping to elevate the sales profession.
Talk to one of our enrollment counselors to get the answers you need.
Call 1-800-669-3781 or find your counselor online.