Multiply Your Potential With a Math Degree
Numbers have a powerful language of their own, one that we use every day, often without even realizing it. Galileo called mathematics the language of the universe, and gaining fluency in that language can open up possibilities in a wide variety of fields, from business and teaching to science and research. NU's Mathematics major is designed to help you develop a deeper understanding of all the sciences, combining theory with practical application. Master the concepts of mathematics, and doors of opportunity will open. Where they lead—that's up to you.
Why study Mathematics at NU?
- Benefit from small classes where you receive one-on-one attention from professors who care about your success.
- Study the fundamentals of mathematical processes and theories, and explore advanced applications that prepare you for graduate study or an effective career.
- Gain practical skills in problem solving and analytical thinking that will serve you well in everyday life and work, no matter what your field.
- Put your learning into action through internships that offer real-world experience with local businesses.
- Take advantage of NU's proximity to Seattle's business and technology hubs to access internships, job opportunities, and more.
- Tutoring companies
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the positions that a degree in mathematics can open up for you include:
- Research Analyst
Word From The College of Arts and Sciences
"We offer a wide range of expertly designed courses in pure and applied mathematics. At Northwest, we form a lively and dedicated community of mathematics scholars."
A complete list of courses can be found in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Talk to one of our enrollment counselors to get the answers you need.
Call 1-800-669-3781 or find your counselor online.