Summer Orientation Advising and Registration
During a SOAR day, you will meet with an advisor, register for your first semester classes, learn about student resources, and get to know other incoming NU students.
SOAR is required for students who live within 300 miles of the NU campus, roughly the diameter of Vancouver, B.C., Coeur D’Alene, Idaho, Eugene, Oregon, and the Washington state coastline.
If you live beyond the 300 mile perimeter and can attend a SOAR Event, we highly encourage your attendance and would love to have you!
If you live beyond the 300 mile perimeter and are choosing a Skype appointment, appointments begin Monday, May 21st.
If you live within the 300 mile perimeter and are choosing a Skype appointment rather than attending a SOAR event, appointments begin Monday, July 23rd.
Each SOAR event is programmed for a particular student population. If you are a Transfer student, register for an AM session on one of the dates below. If you are a First-Year college student or a Running Start student, register for a PM session on one of the dates below. Students are free to sign up for any session, but note that each session is designed for the particular student population for the scheduled event.
Families are not required to attend, but we do offer special SOAR seminars during the event for families and/or guests of students.
If you have any questions, or to schedule a Skype appointment, please contact the NU Academic Success and Advising office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-889-5227.
SOAR Dates & Sign-Up Needed:
- SOAR 5/18/2018 Morning Session (Early Action Transfer Students)
- SOAR 5/18/2018 Afternoon Session (Early Action First-Year and First-Year with Credit)
- SOAR 6/22/2018 Afternoon Session (First-Year and First-Year with Credit)
- SOAR 6/23/2018 Morning Session (Transfer)
- SOAR 6/23/2018 Afternoon Session (First-Year and First-Year with Credit)
- SOAR 7/20/2018 Afternoon Session (First-Year and First-Year with Credit)
- SOAR 7/21/2018 Morning Session (Transfer)
- SOAR 7/21/2018 Afternoon Session (First-Year and First-Year with Credit)
Talk to one of our enrollment counselors to get the answers you need.
Call 1-800-669-3781 or find your counselor online.