You aren't just choosing a university. You're also choosing a place to call home. At NU, we are dedicated to creating a close, supportive, and safe community for all students. A place where you'll learn how to live life well with others. A place where you can thrive academically, spiritually, and socially. A place that feels like it was made just for you. Because, guess what? It was.
Guy, Perks, and Crowder Halls
Guy, Perks, and Crowder Halls (GPC) house primarily first-year students throughout nine floors. The three independent buildings provide the following common areas for NU community use:
- Perks Lounge features a large-screen HDTV with Comcast Cable service, an air hockey table, a fireplace, and a large piano.
- Perks Hall also provides our student government (ASNU) members with office space, where they are available as a resource for fellow students.
- Crowder Lobby is a smaller lounge with comfy couches for studying or hanging out with friends.
- The GPC community kitchen provides a full kitchen, lots of counter space and tables for cooking or studying, comfortable couches, and a wall-mounted TV with DVD player.
Gray and Beatty Halls
Gray and Beatty offer a diverse community of seasoned upperclassmen. The two independent buildings are joined together by a large lounge area that features a large-screen HDTV (great for movie nights) with Comcast Cable service, a pool table, and a small, private study room.
The beautifully renovated Gray/Beatty basement features an HDTV with surround sound speakers, a shuffleboard table, and a modern kitchen. This space can accommodate an entire floor of students for events.
A Peek Inside Our Rooms
At NU, our residence hall rooms are created for comfort and functionality. Here is a list of what we provide each student:
- Extra-long twin bed and mattress
- Dresser with three drawers
- Desk and chair
- Two high-speed Internet hook-ups in each room
- Wireless Internet
- Full-length mirror
- Outdoor bike storage area
- Credit card operated laundry facilities
NU Student Apartments
Our student apartments are nestled in the woods on the upper east side of campus. They offer a more private and independent residential experience for returning upperclassmen. They consist of two- or three-bedroom units that are spacious, partially furnished, and include utilities.
- Average bedroom size is 11' by 9'
- Average closet 7' wide by 2'10" deep
- Each student is provided:
- Extra-long twin bed and mattress
- Desk and desk chair
- All utilities included
- Six high-speed network hook-ups in each apartment, with connections conveniently located in each room
- Wireless internet
- Partially furnished units include:
- Couch and loveseat
- TV stand
- End table
- Dining table with four chairs
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, oven/stove, and refrigerator
- Credit card operated laundry facilities in each apartment
- Community room with large-screen television, fully equipped kitchen, and couches
General Housing Info
For further housing information, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions and Living Area Manual. View more photos and information about housing options.
Area Coordinators and Resident Assistants
Each residential community has a professional live-in staff member called an Area Coordinator, who serves as a resource for students, oversees RAs, and helps create a great student experience.
A trained student leader called a Resident Assistant (RA) lives on each floor in all our residence halls and in each building of the student apartments and serves as a resource for residents. Our RAs are committed to walking with you throughout your university experience — and are trained to create an atmosphere where you can make friends and create the memories of a lifetime!
Follow Us All Year Long
Find out more about what is happening on campus by following us on social media or by visiting the Northwest University blog.
Talk to one of our enrollment counselors to get the answers you need.
Call 1-800-669-3781 or find your counselor online.