Welcome To Your Home
You aren't just choosing a university. You're also choosing a place to call home. At NU, we are dedicated to creating a close, supportive, and safe community for all students. A place where you'll learn how to live life well with others. A place where you can thrive academically, spiritually, and socially. A place that feels like it was made just for you. Because, guess what? It was.
Gray and Beatty Halls
Gray and Beatty offer a diverse community of first-year students and seasoned upperclassmen. The two independent buildings are joined together by a large lounge area that features a large-screen HDTV (great for movie nights) with Comcast Cable service, a pool table, and a small, private study room.
The beautifully renovated Gray/Beatty basement features an HDTV with surround sound speakers, a shuffleboard table, and a modern kitchen. This space can accommodate an entire floor of students for events.
Guy, Perks, and Crowder Halls
Guy, Perks, and Crowder Halls (GPC) house both first-year students and seasoned upperclassmen throughout nine floors. The three independent buildings provide the following common areas for NU community use:
- Perks Lounge features a large-screen HDTV with Comcast Cable service, an air hockey table, a fireplace, and a large piano.
- Perks Hall also provides our student government (NUSG) members with office space, where they are available as a resource for fellow students.
- Crowder Lobby is a smaller lounge with comfy couches for studying or hanging out with friends.
- The GPC community kitchen provides a full kitchen, lots of counter space and tables for cooking or studying, comfortable couches, and a wall-mounted TV with DVD player.
- GPC also offers two private piano practice rooms.
A Peek Inside Our Rooms
At NU, our residence hall rooms are created for comfort and functionality. Here is a list of what we provide each student:
- Extra long twin bed with mattress
- Desk and chair
- Two high-speed Internet hook-ups in each room
- Wireless Internet
- Phone hookup
- Full-length mirror
- Bike storage area
- Credit card operated laundry facilities
NU Student Apartments
Our student apartments are nestled in the woods on the upper east side of campus. They offer a more private and independent residential experience for upperclassmen. They consist of two- or three-bedroom units that are spacious, partially furnished, and include utilities.
- Average bedroom size is 11' by 9'
- Average closet 7' wide by 2'10" deep
- Each student receives one each:
- Extra-long twin bed
- Extra-long twin mattress
- Desk and desk chair
- All utilities included
- Six high-speed network hook-ups in each apartment, with connections conveniently located in each room
- University Media Package (Comcast Cable service, Internet, phone service, and voicemail)
- Partially furnished units include:
- Couch and loveseat
- TV stand
- End table
- Dining table with four chairs
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, oven/stove, and refrigerator
- Credit card operated laundry facilities in each apartment
- Community room with large-screen television, fully equipped kitchen, and couches
General Housing Info
A trained student leader called a Resident Assistant (RA) lives on each floor in all our residence halls and serves as a resource for residents. Our RAs are committed to walking with you throughout your university experience — and are trained to create an atmosphere where you can make friends and create the memories of a lifetime!
Each apartment building has a trained student leader called an Apartment Representative (AR) living on site to serve as a resource for residents.
Follow Us All Year Long
Find out more about what is happening on campus by following us on social media or by visiting the Northwest University blog.