Summer Orientation Advising and Registration (SOAR)
SOAR events are the starting point for your academic success and community connection at NU. During SOAR you will meet with an advisor, register for your first semester classes, learn about student resources, and get to know other new students. SOAR is your opportunity to get settled even before you arrive for New Student Orientation in August.
Which SOAR Event Should I Attend?
SOAR events are customized for specific student populations. Register below for any session that corresponds with your student population.
- Transfer Students: AM sessions
- First-Year Students, Running Start, and Concurrent Credit Students: PM sessions
Is SOAR Required?
SOAR is required for students who live within 300 miles of the NU campus, roughly the diameter of Vancouver, B.C., Coeur D’Alene, Idaho, Eugene, Oregon, and the Washington state coastline. Outside of that region, we still highly encourage your attendance!
Should Parents and Family Attend SOAR?
Parents are encouraged to attend, we will be offering sessions during SOAR for parents and guests.
What If I Cannot Attend SOAR On-campus?
Please note that class scheduling is prioritized for those attending SOAR. If you are unable to attend SOAR, please contact your Admissions Counselor at 1-800-669-3781 to discuss your options. If you live beyond the 300-mile perimeter, advising appointments are accommodated via Skype beginning May 21. If you live within the 300-mile perimeter, advising appointments are accommodated via Skype beginning July 23.
SOAR Dates and Sign-Up (Required)
- SOAR 5/18/2018 Morning Session (Early Action Transfer Students)
- SOAR 5/18/2018 Afternoon Session (Early Action First-Year and First-Year with Credit)
- SOAR 6/22/2018 Afternoon Session (First-Year and First-Year with Credit)
- SOAR 6/23/2018 Morning Session (Transfer)
- SOAR 6/23/2018 Afternoon Session (First-Year and First-Year with Credit)
- SOAR 7/20/2018 Afternoon Session (First-Year and First-Year with Credit)
- SOAR 7/21/2018 Afternoon Session (All Students)
Contact Us About SOAR
If you have any questions, or to schedule a Skype appointment, please contact the NU Academic Success and Advising office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-889-5227.
Talk to one of our enrollment counselors to get the answers you need.
Call 1-800-669-3781 or find your counselor online.