A Great Start To Your Ministry
The Associate in Ministry Leadership degree is awarded for the successful completion of a two-year program which includes components of the Core Curriculum and Biblical Studies. The faculty at NU is committed to helping each student discover and fulfill his or her God-given dreams, calling, and potential.
Enroll Now and Save 13%
We’ve just reduced our tuition for this degree by 13%. Speak to an enrollment counselor to lock in your savings.
Why Northwest University?
In addition to the general goals of the University, completing this program provides learning opportunities which should enable the students to:
- Integrate biblical and theological knowledge with the practice of ministry and daily life;
- Demonstrate biblical literacy and exegetical skills;
- Effectively communicate the gospel;
- Enter vocational ministry;
- Provide a foundation of ministry in a non ministerial vocation;
- Exhibit habits of lifelong learning.
The Associate in Ministry Leadership (AML) fulfills the education requirements for Certification, Licensure, and Ordination within the Assemblies of God. This program may also be applicable to credentialing tracks for other denominations, although students are encouraged to check with their respective denomination for further clarification.
Certification, Licensure, and Ordination Courses
Level 1: Certified Minister
- New Testament History and Literature
- Biblical Interpretation
- Church in Ministry
- Pentecostal Spirituality
Level 2: Licensed Minister
- Old Testament History and Literature
- Ministry Leadership
- Effective Preaching
- Christian Thought
Level 3: Ordained Minister
- Corinthian Correspondence
- Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Ministry Administration
- Theology of Ministry Essentials
A complete list of courses can be found in the Academic Catalog