A Great Start To Your Ministry
The Associate in Ministry Leadership enables you to earn a two-year degree that both satisfies the educational requirements for minister credentials for the Assemblies of God and that includes critically important supporting courses such as Psychology and Communications. All courses can apply to the BA Ministry degree, making this a good mid-point as you progress towards your educational goals.
We’ve Reduced Tuition by 30%
With our reduced tuition rates, most of Adult Evening students have no out-of-pocket expenses* once scholarships and loans are applied.
*Does not include textbooks, transportation costs, etc.
Why Ministry Leadership?
In addition to the general goals of the University, completing this program provides learning opportunities which should enable the students to:
- Integrate biblical and theological knowledge with the practice of ministry and daily life;
- Demonstrate biblical literacy and exegetical skills;
- Effectively communicate the gospel;
- Enter vocational ministry;
- Provide a foundation of ministry in a non ministerial vocation;
- Exhibit habits of lifelong learning.
The Associate in Ministry Leadership (AML) fulfills the education requirements for Certification, Licensure, and Ordination within the Assemblies of God. This program may also be applicable to credentialing tracks for other denominations, although students are encouraged to check with their respective denomination for further clarification.
Certification, Licensure, and Ordination Courses
Level 1: Certified Minister
- New Testament History and Literature
- Biblical Interpretation
- Church in Ministry
- Pentecostal Spirituality
Level 2: Licensed Minister
- Old Testament History and Literature
- Ministry Leadership
- Effective Preaching
- Christian Thought
Level 3: Ordained Minister
- Corinthian Correspondence
- Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Ministry Administration
- Theology of Ministry Essentials
Why Northwest University?
If you've always wanted to earn your degree but haven't had the time, our program was designed for you. In our programs, you can earn your degree while maintaining your current full-time life. It’s worked for others. It can work for you.
- Designed for busy working adults. Attend class just one night each week (and the occasional Saturday).
- Highest institutional accreditation possible. The same as UW and Stanford.
- Transfer up to 90 college credits and speed your way to graduation.
- Take one class at a time, master it, and then move on to the next class.
- Earn credits for life experiences such as military training, real estate license, etc.
- Attend a Christian university that honors your faith tradition.
- Distinguished faculty with academic prowess, experience, and real-world insight.
- Convenient Kirkland location. If you live or work on the Eastside, there is no 520 bridge to cross.
A complete list of courses can be found in the Academic Catalog