Certificate in Ministry Leadership
The one-year Certificate in Ministry Leadership focuses on courses necessary for ministry in the 21st Century. Your study includes a balance between Bible, theology, and practical ministry. The Certificate ensures you have a firm foundation upon which to build your ministry and to further your education. All courses can apply to the Associate and Bachelor’s in Ministry Leadership and do satisfy the educational requirements for ministerial credentials in the Assemblies of God and other related fellowships. The Certificate is a high quality and accessible first step towards personal and professional development in ministry leadership.
Why Ministry Leadership?
The Certificate in Ministry Leadership (CML) fulfills the education requirements for Certification, Licensure, and Ordination within the Assemblies of God. This program may also be applicable to credentialing tracks for other denominations, although students are encouraged to check with their respective denomination for further clarification.
Because the program is structured around groups of students working together to encourage and learn from one another, the certificate empowers Christian leadership formation and the development of community. CML consists of 30 credits.
Certification, Licensure, and Ordination Courses
|Levels 1 and 2 Certified and Licensed|
|BIBL 1203||New Testament History & Literature|
|THEO 1213||Christian Thought|
|BIBL 1103||Old Testament History & Literature|
|THEO 2503||Pentecostal Spirituality|
|CMIN 2043||Ministry Operations|
|BIBL 2553||Biblical Interpretation|
|PMIN 3343||Effective Preaching|
|Level 3 Ordained|
|BIBL 3253||Corinthian Correspondence|
|PMIN 3513||Pastoral Care and Counseling|
|THEO 3413||Theology of Ministry Essentials|
Financial aid in the form of federal grants and loans is available to qualifying students. Students must maintain, at minimum, part time status, which equates to six credits each semester. Contact the Financial Aid office at NU for additional information.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required for all certificate or degree programs at Northwest University. Students can apply for admission to Northwest University to take courses through the College of Adult & Professional Studies. For more information about the application process please call 425-889-7789.
A complete list of courses can be found in the Academic Catalog
Why Northwest University?
If you've always wanted to earn your degree but haven't had the time, our program was designed for you. In our programs, you can earn your degree while maintaining your current full-time life. It’s worked for others. It can work for you.
- Designed for busy working adults. Attend class just one night each week (and the occasional Saturday).
- Highest institutional accreditation possible. The same as UW and Stanford.
- Transfer up to 90 college credits and speed your way to graduation.
- Take one class at a time, master it, and then move on to the next class.
- Earn credits for life experiences such as military training, real estate license, etc.
- Attend a Christian university that honors your faith tradition.
- Distinguished faculty with academic prowess, experience, and real-world insight.
- Convenient Kirkland location. If you live or work on the Eastside, there is no 520 bridge to cross.
Read Our Viewbook
Certificate in Ministry Leadership Program Requirements
The 30-credit program courses are offered during non-traditional hours through accelerated course formats.
Bible and Theology (12)
- BIBL 1103: Old Testament History and Literature (3)
- BIBL 1203: New Testament History and Literature (3)
- BIBL 2553: Biblical Interpretation (3)
- THEO 1213: Christian Thought (3)
Biblical Studies Core (9)
- BIBL 3253: Corinthian Correspondence (3)
- THEO 2503: Pentecostal Spirituality (3)
- THEO 3413: Theology of Ministry Essentials (3)
Ministry Leadership Core (9)
- CMIN 2043: Ministry Operations (3)
- PMIN 3343: Effective Preaching (3)
- PMIN 3513: Pastoral Care and Counseling (3)
A complete list of courses can be found in the Academic Catalog.
Would you like to get started right away? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.
Or speak with our Enrollment Counselors.
Northwest University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and is a private, non-profit Christian institution awarding associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. The University also holds membership with the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities.