Transform Your Experience Into Opportunity
The Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies is an individually designed major containing primary and secondary study areas of your choice. Under the guidance of an academic advisor, you design a degree specific to your own needs and goals. The broader scope of this undergraduate degree may provide a quicker path to graduation if you have previous college credits that don’t apply to other degree programs. It can also act as a stepping stone to a master’s program. An accredited degree with better transfer options and greater flexibility—it’s a combination that is hard to beat.
Benefits of an Interdisciplinary Studies Degree
- Includes two concentrations, allowing you to create a customized degree.
- Receive academic credits for previous work experience and education.
- Keep your undergraduate studies general before specializing in a graduate program.
Why Choose Northwest University for Your Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies?
If you’ve always wanted to earn your degree but haven’t had the time, our program was designed for you. You can earn your degree while maintaining your current full-time life. It’s worked for others. It can work for you.
- Designed for busy working adults: Attend class just one night each week (and the occasional Saturday).
- Highest institutional accreditation possible, the same as UW and Stanford.
- Transfer up to 90 credits and speed your way to graduation.
- Take one class at a time, master it, and then move on to the next class.
- Earn credits for life experiences such as military training, real estate licensure, etc.
- Attend a Christian university that honors your faith tradition.
- Distinguished faculty with academic expertise, experience, and real-world insight.
- Convenient Kirkland location: If you live or work on the Eastside, there is no 520 bridge to cross.
We’ve Reduced Tuition by 30%
With reduced tuition rates, our Adult Evening program is an even more affordable and convenient way to earn your degree. Let us know how we can help make it possible for you.
Read Our Viewbook
Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies Program Requirements
The 120-credit curriculum includes the core curriculum, major course requirements, and general electives. Courses are offered during non-traditional hours through accelerated course formats. A minimum of 20 of the major credits must be upper division courses.
Core Curriculum (60)
Major Requirements (45)
- Interdisciplinary Studies Primary Concentration (24)
- Select from one academic discipline offered at NU
- Interdisciplinary Studies Secondary Concentration (21)
General Electives (15)
- Any college-level courses
A complete list of courses can be found in the Academic Catalog.
Would you like to get started right away? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.
Or speak with our Enrollment Counselors.
Northwest University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and is a private, non-profit Christian institution awarding associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. The University also holds membership with the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities.