Let’s Build Your Business Career
Adult Evening students who set out on the path toward a degree in business management do so with a sense of purpose. At Northwest University, our desire is to nurture God’s calling on your life by providing an academically rigorous road which will wind its way to your diploma with a true liberal arts education. Whether your goal is graduate school or founding your own company, you will be encouraged to learn the basics but dream bigger than ever before.
More Than A Business Person—A Business Leader
- Learn project and organizational management principles you can apply from day one.
- Develop effective presentation and interpersonal communication tools that will help you express yourself clearly.
- Research the latest theories in business operations, human resources, finance, and marketing.
- Understand ethics and ethical decision-making in both for-profit and non-profit organizations.
- Observe organizational culture and how it influences a corporation.
- Discover the real-world challenges and solutions facing businesses today.
Joshua Meeks was a full-time carpenter with an overtime life. He wasn't sure how he'd ever have time to get his Bachelor's degree in business. Since enrolling in NU's business management program, Joshua has been promoted four times—most recently to a supervisory position with benefits and an eventual company truck. "The things I've learned in the business program at night are directly applicable to my job. And my supervisors have noticed."
Why Choose Northwest University for Your Bachelor of Arts in Business Management?
If you’ve always wanted to earn your degree but haven’t had the time, our program is designed for you. Our B.A. in Business Management allows you to earn your degree while maintaining your current full-time life. It’s worked for others. It can work for you.
- Designed for busy working adults: Attend class just one night each week (and the occasional Saturday).
- Highest institutional accreditation possible, the same as UW and Stanford.
- Transfer up to 90 college credits and speed your way to graduation.
- Take one class at a time, master it, and then move on to the next class.
- Earn credits for life experiences such as military training, real estate licensure, etc.
- Attend a Christian university that honors your faith tradition.
- Distinguished faculty with academic expertise, experience, and real-world insight.
- Convenient Kirkland location: If you live or work on the Eastside, there is no 520 bridge to cross.
Northwest University Business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs. Accreditation standards are modeled on the Baldrige National Quality Program. This recognition assures students and employers that Northwest University Business Programs use the same standards as those used by businesses, health care providers, and others to recognize excellence. More information about ACBSP Accreditation can be found at http://www.acbsp.org.
We’ve Reduced Tuition by 30%
With reduced tuition rates, our Adult Evening program is an even more affordable and convenient way to earn your degree. Let us know how we can help make it possible for you.
Read Our Viewbook
Bachelor of Arts in Business Management Program Requirements
The 120-credit curriculum includes the core curriculum, major course requirements, and general electives. Courses are offered during non-traditional hours through accelerated course formats. Some courses may be taken online.
Core Curriculum (60)
Pre-Major Requirements (3)
- MATH 2003: Introduction to Statistics (3)
Major Requirements (45)
Business Core Courses
- BUSM 2553: Survey of Economics (3)
- BMGT 3123: Information Systems Management (3)
- BUSM 3163: Business Leadership (3)
- BUSM 3403: Business Law (3)
- BUSM 3523: Group and Organizational Dynamics (3)
- BUSM 3563: Accouting for Managers (3)
- BUSM 3613: Managerial Finance (3)
- BUSM 4563: Business Ethics (3)
- BUSM 4583: Managerial Marketing (3)
- BUSM 4723: Project Management I (3)
Select One Concentration
Business Management Concentration
- BMGT 3203: Human Resource Management (3)
- BUSM 3363: Entrepreneurial Business Planning (3)
- BUSM 4143: International Business Management (3)
- BUSM 4263: Strategic Management (3)
- BUSM 4443: Conflict Resolution and Negotiation (3)
Business Information Technology Concentration
- : ()
- BUSM 3083: Computer Programming (3)
- BUSM 3113: Information Technology Program Management (3)
- BUSM 3283: Introduction to Data Management (3)
- BUSM 4183: Information Systems Design (3)
General Electives (12–15)
- Any college-level courses
A complete list of courses can be found in the Academic Catalog.
Would you like to get started right away? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.
Or speak with our Enrollment Counselors.
Northwest University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and is a private, non-profit Christian institution awarding associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. The University also holds membership with the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities.