Not Just Called. Equipped.
At Northwest University, uncompromising academics and flexible programming provide busy adults an opportunity to fulfill their ministry aspirations. Students who pursue a degree in Ministry Leadership want to make a difference in their church or organization. But they also have important life responsibilities. So we've made room for you with a program designed for busy adults. At Northwest, our goal is not merely to get the student into the Bible, but to get the Bible into the student. So, whether someone is working full time or taking care of the family at home, your nine-to-five doesn’t have to keep you from touching others for eternity.
We’ve Reduced Tuition by 30%
With our reduced tuition rates, most of Adult Evening students have no out-of-pocket expenses* once scholarships and loans are applied.
*Does not include textbooks, transportation costs, etc.
Why Ministry Leadership?
The graduate with this degree should be able to:
- Demonstrate biblical literacy and exegetical skills;
- Present a careful reasoned, coherent Christian World View;
- Lead a life of integrity, compassion, service, and self-sacrifice base on the Christ-centered application of biblical truth;
- Communicate the gospel through effective strategies of evangelism, teaching, preaching, and discipleship;
- Exhibit habits of learning through experience, self reflection, critical thinking, sensitivity toward diversity, and personal prayer;
- Comprehend and apply effective leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Understand and utilize media, computing resources, and basic financial data
- Show evidence of confidence, understanding, and skill in leading worship, administering ordinances of the church, caring for the suffering, and leading other ministry activities of encouragement and comfort.
Why Northwest University?
If you've always wanted to earn your degree but haven't had the time, our program was designed for you. In our programs, you can earn your degree while maintaining your current full-time life. It’s worked for others. It can work for you.
- Designed for busy working adults. Attend class just one night each week (and the occasional Saturday).
- Highest institutional accreditation possible. The same as UW and Stanford.
- Transfer up to 90 college credits and speed your way to graduation.
- Take one class at a time, master it, and then move on to the next class.
- Earn credits for life experiences such as military training, real estate license, etc.
- Attend a Christian university that honors your faith tradition.
- Distinguished faculty with academic prowess, experience, and real-world insight.
- Convenient Kirkland location. If you live or work on the Eastside, there is no 520 bridge to cross.
A complete list of courses can be found in the Academic Catalog