Making The World Better—One Person At A Time
Most adult students that embark upon a psychology degree are interested in a career in either social work, school psychology, or the counseling profession. For this reason, our academically rigorous, student-focused psychology program prepares students for entrance into graduate school. As such, a student will earn from NU a well-rounded psychology degree that sets him or her up for graduate school success and, subsequently, a rewarding career in the counseling profession.
We’ve Reduced Tuition by 30%
With our reduced tuition rates, most of Adult Evening students have no out-of-pocket expenses* once scholarships and loans are applied.
*Does not include textbooks, transportation costs, etc.
The graduate with this degree should:
- Have knowledge regarding the purpose of the human mind and behavior from both a scientific and distinctive Christian worldview
- Be equipped with a well-rounded social science foundation
- Have a better understanding of multicultural considerations as integrated into the psychology curriculum
- Consider the meaning and application of social justice and social advocacy within a psychological and cultural context
- Understand the healing process for hurting individuals and communities in a local and global context
- Be excellent candidates for further graduate studies in the fields of clinical and counseling psychology
Why Northwest University?
If you've always wanted to earn your degree but haven't had the time, our program was designed for you. In our programs, you can earn your degree while maintaining your current full-time life. It’s worked for others. It can work for you.
- Designed for busy working adults. Attend class just one night each week (and the occasional Saturday).
- Highest institutional accreditation possible. The same as UW and Stanford.
- Transfer up to 90 college credits and speed your way to graduation.
- Take one class at a time, master it, and then move on to the next class.
- Earn credits for life experiences such as military training, real estate license, etc.
- Attend a Christian university that honors your faith tradition.
- Distinguished faculty with academic prowess, experience, and real-world insight.
- Convenient Kirkland location. If you live or work on the Eastside, there is no 520 bridge to cross.
A complete list of courses can be found in the Academic Catalog