Why NU Graduates Are So Confident
At Northwest, we do our best to make sure that our graduates are fully equipped to enter their fields upon graduation. On top of our rigorous curriculum, here are a few reasons why NU graduates are so confident:
- Formation and calling classes: Some of the first classes you will take at NU are specifically designed to help you think about your future career and what it means to be a Christian in your field of study. These classes give students the opportunity to be mentored and receive feedback on their goals for the future.
- One-on-one advising: It’s no secret that mapping out your classes is difficult, especially if you haven’t decided on a major yet. Each semester, you’ll meet one on one with an advisor who will help you plan your entire class schedule and make sure you’re getting the credits you need.
- Small class sizes: Our average class size is 17, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 12:1. This means you’ll have plenty of opportunities to connect with both your fellow classmates and your professor. This is a huge advantage for enjoying your classes and excelling in them.
- Study abroad opportunities: Any well-rounded college curriculum should aim to expand what you know of the world. That’s why we offer extensive study abroad opportunities. Seventy percent of our programs have built-in international components, and full semester abroad programs are available through our partnership with Best Semester.
- Internships: Real-world experience is another crucial component of a quality college education. Over 70 percent of our programs require an internship to ensure that students have practical career training before graduating. We also have a career and vocational office dedicated to helping students find the right internship or job.
- Spiritual preparation: Spiritual preparation happens at NU through chapel, spiritual formation classes like Christian Thought, and the Christ-centered community on campus. Our students are surrounded by people who will pray for their life in college and their future.
- Ideal location: Our campus is located on the Eastside of Seattle, right in the middle of a hub of Fortune 500 companies. Check out the map below to see the iconic brands in our backyard.
This is the kind of preparation you’ll want to make sure your college provides. By choosing NU, you’re choosing to prepare yourself well for your future.