Northwest University Summer Journey
The Northwest University Summer Journey is an experience like no other. It provides an opportunity for leading high school students from churches in the Pentecostal tradition to immerse themselves in a nine-day experience connecting God’s story with their own life and calling.
The purpose of the Summer Journey is to provide students with an enriched understanding of the biblical story and how it applies to their journey of faith. It is our hope that participants will gain a greater awareness of the call of God on their everyday lives. We believe that this experience will provide a heightened appreciation for the vital task of servant-leadership in both the Church and society alike.
Summer Journey Information
- Participants: Students currently in grades 9 through 11
- Dates: June 24th–July 2nd, 2020
- Location: Main campus of Northwest University (Kirkland, WA)
- Tuition/Fees: $450.00 (includes room, board, and all other associated program costs).
- Application: Nominations (two per church or Christian school). Accepted beginning on October 20th, any interested student is welcome to apply.
- Scholarships: Need-based scholarships are available for up to 100% of program costs. For qualifying students, travel scholarships may also be available.
*Northwest University offers a one-time $1,000 scholarship to any Summer Journey alumni that attends Northwest upon graduation.
Summer Journey Highlights
- Engaging conversation and teaching from top Northwest University professors and others.
- Small groups and discussions led by Northwest University student mentors.
- Wilderness experience in the Cascade Mountains.
- Community life on the Northwest University campus.
- Regular times of worship and prayer.
- Various student-led activities.
- Recreational times on campus and in the greater Seattle area.
- The potential to receive college credit for program participation.
Key Goals for the Summer Journey
- Inspire a new love for the Bible’s story and its connection to students’ own journeys.
- Equip participants with a greater awareness of the call of God on their lives and the ability to better articulate it.
- Help students think biblically about major issues of our time and how to apply these insights in churches, families, schools, and the world at large.
- Encourage a rising generation of Christian leaders in Church and society.