At Your Service
The Northwest University Library is staffed with friendly, knowledgeable librarians and staff. Librarians will help you navigate the resources housed in the DV Hurst Library as well as those available online. During the academic year, the library is open until 11:30 pm to accommodate students' schedules.
There are 3 major computer labs and multiple computer workstations on campus for students' use.
Students can visit the Writing Center to get help with their academic work. Peer tutors are available to assist students in clearly communicating their ideas in written form. Peer tutors prove to be a valuable resource as they not only understand the writing process, but as fellow students they understand the pressures of academic life.
At the Fitness Center, a wide-range of weight training and cardio machines are available for students to use to stay physically fit, free with NU Student ID card.
The Aerie Coffee Shop
The Aerie is a popular place to eat, study, and meet with friends on campus.
Most students eat in The Caf, the on campus cafeteria. Meal plans can be purchased if students live off-campus. A meal plan is included in the price of on-campus housing. There are many healthy and delicious food & drink options available at all meal times.
Students can receive mail & packages (including online textbook purchases) at their on-campus address, which is formatted as follows:
5520 108th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98033
Local Student Resources
- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo
- Korean: http://south-korea.embassy-online.net/South-Korea-Consulate-General-Seattle.php
- Japanese: http://www.seattle.us.emb-japan.go.jp/japanese/index_j.htm
- Chinese (San Francisco): http://www.chinaconsulatesf.org/eng
- Department of Motor Vehicles: http://www.dol.wa.gov (If you would like to get a driver's license)
- Social Security: http://www.ssa.gov
- Amazon: http://amazon.com (students can buy almost anything online. Sign up for Amazon Prime as a student for free 2-day shipping. Must use a credit card)
- Metropolitan Market: http://metropolitan-market.com (Food within walking distance)
- Bartell Drug Store: (Pharmacy within walking distance)
- Target: http://target.com (Food, clothes, school supplies)
- Costco: http://costco.com (Food in BULK quantity, clothes)
- Safeway: http://www.safeway.com/ (Grocery Store)
- HMart: http://hmart.com (Korean Market)
- Uwajimaya: http://www.uwajimaya.com/locations.html (Japanese Market)