Sister Universities

Sister Universities

Northwest University and CELE have five sister universities located in South Korea: Ewha Womans University, Handong University, Hansei University, Gachon University, and Soongsil University.

For Visiting Students:

There are three student categories you can choose from to study at Northwest University:

  1. CELE Student: The CELE program is an intensive English program. As a CELE student, you take English classes taught by our CELE professors that strengthen your English speaking, reading, listening, writing, and pronunciation skills. You have the option of auditing a NU class while taking CELE classes. Students who pass CELE exit exams have conditional admission into NU. 1 or 2 semesters.
  2. Exchange Student: As an Exchange student, you are integrated with NU students by taking regular NU classes. You are required to take a minimum of 12 credits (four classes). We will help you create a well-balanced schedule that reflects your major and interests while keeping into consideration your English proficiency level. Students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 80 to be accepted as an exchange student. 1 or 2 semesters. Students must be nominated by one of our Sister Universities to qualify as an exchange student at NU.
  3. Visiting Student: As a Visiting student, you spend your first semester as a CELE student and continue on to take regular NU classes for credit in your second semester. Students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 70 to be accepted as a visiting student.

For NU Students:

Gain a cultural experience by studying abroad at one of our sister schools. Our sister universities are some of the most distinguished universities in South Korea and the world. Many of the schools provide a variety of scholarships to help you financially, such as airfare, housing, and/or living stipend.

We can help you pick a school that is the perfect fit for you. Stop by our office at Rice Hall Rm 8 or e-mail us at: to apply!

To learn more about each school, visit:

Find Out More

Request Info How to Apply

Or contact our Admissions Office.