Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership
Our Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership will equip you to take your leadership to the next level as a practitioner/scholar. You’ll be trained to analyze theory and research methods and apply both to current challenges in your field. The degree is great preparation for the leader who wants a solid research foundation for generating real world results, while opening the door to broadened influence through teaching.
The Ed.D. requires a total of 60 credits. As a full-time student, a working professional can finish the coursework and dissertation process in three years. Successful completion of the program involves:
- Core courses (30 credits)
- Concentration courses (18 credits)
- Dissertation courses (12 credits)
- Comprehensive examination
- Hybrid delivery 50% online
Would you like to get started right away?
Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form.
Course Examples by Year
Note: Course schedule is subject to change.
- Core Courses: Advanced Leadership Theory, Critical Inquiry, Organizational Theory, Organizational Change
- Concentration Courses: Strategic Thinking & Planning, History of Higher Education, Historical Models of Ministry Leadership, Financial Management, Higher Education Leadership, A Theology of Christian Organizations, Visionary Leadership for School Improvement, Educational Law & Ethics, Transforming School Culture
- Dissertation Courses: Quantitative Research and Statistics, Qualitative Research
- Core Courses: Leadership and Diversity, Organizational Communication, Organizational Culture, Leadership and Ethics
- Concentration Courses: Data-Driven Decision-making, Higher Education Law, Current Issues in Missiology, Community Care & Engagement, Teacher Empowerment & Evaluation, Resource Management for School Improvement
- Dissertation Courses: Advanced Research Methods, Research Seminars
- Core Course: Dissertation Research and Writing
- Concentration Course: Principal Internship (if applicable)
Course ListingsView Required Courses
Ready to get started? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.