Bachelor of Arts in History and Politics
A curious mind, the desire create positive change, and even enjoying a good debate are the perfect raw materials for an influential career in law, government, or a related discipline. But where do you start in such a competitive field? NU’s versatile History and Politics program offers a relevant education for today’s evolving political and business environments. Award-winning professors who are influential change-makers in their own right will be there every step of the way to mentor you, equip you with practical training, and help you develop the skills that define a dynamic civic leader—because making a difference starts with you.
Why History and Politics at NU?
- Benefit from small classes sizes that enable one-on-one interaction with faculty members who are internationally recognized in their fields.
- Three concentrations to choose from: American Studies Public Policy, American Studies Strategic Communication, and General Studies.
- Study the professional aspects of law, public policy, and government while refining your speaking and writing skills.
- Integrate your faith with your learning to develop an approach to history and politics informed by ethics and integrity.
- Join NU’s award-winning debate team and face off against opponents from the likes of Harvard and Yale.
- Choose from multiple study-abroad opportunities to gain immersive experience in your chosen field.
- Take advantage of NU’s location in the Seattle metro area to access job opportunities, intercultural experiences, and more.
Concentrations That Matter
Choose from these concentrations:
- American Studies Public Policy
- American Studies Strategic Communication
- General Studies
My education from NU was engaging and taught me how to think critically about the range of issues facing our nation and world.