Bachelor of Arts in History and Politics
A curious mind, the desire create positive change, and even enjoying a good debate are the perfect raw materials for an influential career in law, government, or a related discipline. But where do you start in such a competitive field? NU’s versatile History and Politics program offers a relevant education for today’s evolving political and business environments. Award-winning professors who are influential change-makers in their own right will be there every step of the way to mentor you, equip you with practical training, and help you develop the skills that define a dynamic civic leader—because making a difference starts with you.
Why History and Politics at NU?
- Benefit from small classes sizes that enable one-on-one interaction with faculty members who are internationally recognized in their fields.
- Three concentrations to choose from: American Studies Public Policy, American Studies Strategic Communication, and General Studies.
- Study the professional aspects of law, public policy, and government while refining your speaking and writing skills.
- Integrate your faith with your learning to develop an approach to history and politics informed by ethics and integrity.
- Join NU’s award-winning debate team and face off against opponents from the likes of Harvard and Yale.
- Choose from multiple study-abroad opportunities to gain immersive experience in your chosen field.
- Take advantage of NU’s location in the Seattle metro area to access job opportunities, intercultural experiences, and more.
My education from NU was engaging and taught me how to think critically about the range of issues facing our nation and world. We'll try to creep up here on.