Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
Since the beginning of time, humans have been tasked with a special job: being stewards of God’s creation. And we’re still figuring out how to best care for the oceans, forests, animals—and our neighbors at home and around the world. Northwest University’s environmental science program combines the interplay of faith and science with hands-on labs and field study—so you can join the legacy of building a better world.
Why Environmental Science at NU?
- Benefit from small classes sizes that enable one-on-one interaction with faculty members during lectures and labs.
- Integrate your faith with your learning to develop an approach to environmental science characterized by stewardship and service.
- Explore missions-oriented solutions for clean water, sustainable agricultural, and other challenges.
- Engage in hands-on learning in labs where you’ll practice the application of the scientific method.
- Take advantage of opportunities to complete undergraduate research, internships, and other study abroad experiences in the developing world.
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the positions that a degree in environmental science can open up for you include:
- Lab Worker
- Park Ranger
- Graduate Studies