Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
In today's world, communication is a driving force touching every area of our lives both at home and at work. Whether in-person or online, spoken or written, good communication skills are some of the most valuable qualifications anyone can bring to any career. Communication Studies provides the knowledge and skills needed to fulfill a calling to serve Christ in communication-related professions. The highly qualified faculty in NU's communication studies program guide students to integrate their faith with their communication skills and empower them to make a difference in the world.
Concentrations That Matter
- Communication for Business
- Dramatic Studies
- Human Communication
- Media and Society
Why Communication at NU?
- Benefit from small classes where you receive one-on-one attention from professors who care about your success.
- Learn from faculty members whose teaching reflects their high academic scholarship as well as real-world experience.
- Gain a holistic view of communication by studying areas such as message design, interpersonal skills, dramatic interpretation, and public speaking.
- Integrate your faith with your learning in an environment that nurtures your spiritual development.
- Put your learning into action through internships that offer practical experience with Seattle-area organizations.
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the fields that a degree in communication can open up for you include:
- Media Relations
- Communication Administration
- Grant Writing
- Theatre Arts
- Student/Family Development
- Church Ministry
- Human Resources
Academic CatalogGo to the Catalog
Ready to get started? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.