Bachelor of Arts in Worship and Music Studies
It's a skill, an art, an act of worship—music inhabits all these spaces and is an integral part of the life of the church. If you want to learn how music and ministry unite to become a means of hope, healing, and encouragement, then Northwest University's worship and music studies program is for you. Whether you're participating in one of our choirs or ensembles, leading worship at a local church, or trying out our state-of-the-art recording studios, you'll be preparing for a career characterized by effective, meaningful ministry.
Why Worship and Music Studies at NU?
- Attend small classes where you receive personal attention from instructors who have both high academic qualifications and years of music industry and ministry experience.
- Learn to understand and perform music in an exciting, hands-on environment that includes access to top-tier, industry-rated recording equipment and facilities.
- Integrate your faith with your education, studying music from a perspective that sees music as both art and worship.
- Gain practical experience through a one-year music ministry internship, applying your learning in a local church.
- Join a variety of on-campus choirs and ensembles.
- Westminster Chapel in Bellevue, Wash.
- Bethany Christian Assembly in Everett, Wash.
- Neighborhood Church in Bellevue, Wash.
- University Presbyterian Church in Seattle, Wash.
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the fields that a degree in worship and music studies can open up for you include:
- Music minister in a church setting
- Graduate studies in the areas of sacred music or worship studies
Word from the Music Department
Associate Professor of Music
"NU's worship and music studies program successfully prepares students for vocational music ministry in the local church. Built on a solid biblical and liberal arts core, it also takes the student through an additional 20 credit hours of Bible; theology; and practical, music ministry-related courses. This degree is for students who are looking for a course of study that gives them a solid foundation for music ministry or graduate work in worship studies and beyond."
Course ListingsView Required Courses
Ready to get started? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.