Bachelor of Science in Biology
The field of biology encompasses some of creation's most intricate and interesting features. Nature's wonders. The human body. The microscopic building blocks of life. With Northwest University's biology major, you can study it all through a program that combines the interplay of faith and science with hands-on labs and field studies—so you can explore the natural world and prepare for a meaningful career in the sciences.
Why Biology at NU?
- Benefit from small classes sizes that enable direct interaction with your professors during lectures and labs.
- Integrate your faith with your learning to develop a service-oriented approach to the sciences.
- Contribute new scientific knowledge through participation in undergraduate research projects.
- Engage in hands-on learning in labs that encourage creativity, exploration of the natural world, and application of the scientific method.
- Take advantage of opportunities to complete undergraduate research, internships, and study abroad trips.
- National Science Foundation Research Experience for Undergraduates
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Summer Undergraduate Research Program
- University of Washington Post Baccalaureate Research Education Program
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the career fields that a degree in Biology can open up for you include:
- Medical School
- Graduate Studies (medicine, molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, other sciences)
- Veterinary School
- Physical Therapy
Word from the College of Arts & Sciences
Professor, Life Sciences
"In my opinion, the sciences contain the most exciting and fulfilling careers available today. We explore the unknown on the earth, the functioning ecosystems within it, and their impact on the essential functioning and healing of the human body. Majoring in the sciences provides access to stimulating learning and a solid foundation for medical, professional, or graduate school. Combining this knowledge with interactive laboratory experiences enables our students to prepare for research and technical careers in universities, government organizations, and industry positions worldwide."
Academic CatalogGo to the Catalog
Ready to get started? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.