Bachelor of Arts in Music Industry Business
The Music Industry Business program will help you understand the creation and marketing components of today's music industry. Classes in recording, business, artist management, publishing, economics—and much more—are combined with internships to prepare you for a successful career in the music industry.
Why study Music Industry Business at NU?
- Only 4 year fully accredited degree program of its kind in the northwest region of the United States.
- Top tier, industry rated recording facilities and environments/equipment.
- Award-winning faculty members.
- 100% job placement since we started in 2010.
- Minutes from Seattle, one of the top 6 thriving music scenes/cultures in the United States.
- Opportunities for internship experience, employment, and ministry—locally and abroad.
- Our Music Business program is accredited with the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs—the highest accreditation possible for business schools that focus on teaching excellence.
Where Have Students Interned?
- EMI Nashville — Music Publishing
- Tooth and Nail Records; Seattle — Music marketing/publishing
- Mars Hill Music; Seattle — Music marketing/publishing/distribution
- East-West Studios; Los Angeles — Recording/Engineering/Producing
Common Career Paths
- Recording Engineer
- TV & Radio
- Movie soundtrack work
- Artist management
- Music Copyright
- Church Stage/Sound producer
Word From The Dean
Dr. Teresa Gillespie
Dean, College of Business
"Your education is one of the biggest investments you'll ever make. It's critical that students involved in the Music Industry/Recording Arts are learning from top instructors who are still contributing to the industry in big ways. The academic challenges you'll face in the Music Industry Business program will not only prepare you for the career you've chosen, they'll prepare you to succeed."
Course ListingsView Required Courses
Ready to get started? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.