Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Literature
Nothing prepares you for ministry or theological studies like a deep, rich understanding of God's Word. As a vibrant learning community that has an 80-year history of equipping Christian leaders with relevant biblical and ministry training, Northwest University is the perfect partner for your education. NU's Biblical Literature program combines courses from top biblical scholars with opportunities to put your learning into practice in church or educational settings—all to prepare you for vocational ministry or further graduate-level studies.
Why Biblical Literature at NU?
- Benefit from small classes that offer personal access to professors, including opportunities for interaction and mentorship outside the classroom.
- Learn from qualified faculty members who have real-world ministry experience and are excellent scholars.
- Explore biblical and theological themes through a selection of creative, interactive seminars and topical courses.
- Join the College of Ministry's Biblical Lands Experience during your junior year for a chance to study biblical locations on-site.
- Practice your research and exegesis skills in a degree-culminating project known as The Craft of Biblical Scholarship and Internship.
- Self-guided internships
- Assisting a professor with research or lectures
- Teaching a class or Bible study at a local church
- Writing and presenting a paper for a scholarly conference
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the fields that a degree in Biblical Literature can open up for you include:
- Vocational Ministry (Pastoral Staff, Youth Ministry)
- Biblical Scholarship
- Graduate Studies (leading to scholarship opportunities)
View CoursesGo to the Catalog
Ready to get started? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.