Bachelor of Arts in Children and Family Ministries
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me." If you're ready to help lead them there, Northwest University can help, offering 80 years of experience in equipping leaders for effective ministry. NU's children and family ministries program combines academic excellence with pastoral training and hands-on experience in local churches to prepare you for vocational ministry. When you graduate, you'll be ready to influence children's lives in a way that has eternal impact.
Why Children and Family Ministries at NU?
- Benefit from relevant classes taught by a team of nationally recognized children's ministers.
- Gain a solid foundation in biblical and theological studies while also developing the leadership and organizational skills essential to effective children's ministry.
- Put your education into practice through hands-on volunteer and internship opportunities at local churches and nonprofits.
- Take advantage of regional networking opportunities and attend local events—all built into the curriculum.
- Westgate Chapel
- The Grove Church
- New Life Church
- Other local churches
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the positions that a degree in Children and Family Ministries can open up for you include:
- Children's Pastor
- Family Life Pastor
- Discipleship Ministry Leader
- Church Volunteer Coordinator
Word from the College of Ministry
Dean of the College of Ministry
"The children's ministry major at NU is an excellent choice for those who feel called to serve some of the youngest members of our churches. Our program equips students in theory and practice and provides numerous ways for them to engage with both. We are blessed to have a close relationship with the Northwest Ministry Network and professors with current and past ministry experience. Students choosing this major will be well trained and educated in their discipline and have numerous ministry and employment opportunities open to them—both while in school and upon graduation."
Academic CatalogGo to the Catalog
Ready to get started? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.