Bachelor of Arts in Youth and Family Ministries
Working with youth is a life-changing experience—both for you and for the students. So preparing to go into youth ministry is an important step, one that Northwest University can help you with, offering 80 years of experience in equipping leaders for effective ministry. The Youth and Family Ministries program combines academic excellence with pastoral training and hands-on experience in local churches to prepare you for vocational ministry. When you graduate, you'll be ready to transform our future—one young life at a time.
Why Youth and Family Ministries at NU?
- Benefit from small classes that offer personal access to professors who care about your progress.
- Develop a culturally relevant approach to ministry—one that adapts to cultural changes without compromising biblical truth.
- Learn from qualified faculty members who have real-world ministry experience.
- Gain a solid foundation in biblical and theological studies while also developing the leadership and organizational skills essential to effective youth ministry.
- Put your education into practice through hands-on volunteer and internship opportunities at local churches.
- Network with ministry leaders in the greater Seattle area and beyond.
- Cedar Park Church
- Reach Church
- Evergreen Community Church
- Maltby Christian Assembly
- New Life Church
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the positions that a degree in Youth and Family Ministries can open up for you include:
- Youth Pastor
- Children's Pastor
- Youth/Social Worker
Word from the College of Ministry
Professor & Dean of the College of Ministry
"Our Youth and Family Ministries degree utilizes the skills of experienced student leaders as adjunct faculty and is led by Dr. Joshua Ziefle—who not only has the experience, but also the educational tools to impact today's youth pastors. It is our belief that Youth and Family Ministries is one of the most critical programs that we offer in the College of Ministry."
Course ListingsView Required Courses
Ready to get started? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.