Bachelor of Arts in Contemporary Music Industry
Who says you have to live in Los Angeles or Nashville to pursue a career in music? Northwest University offers the only four-year, accredited recording arts program in the Pacific Northwest. Our contemporary Music Industry major will help you break into this competitive field through hands-on training using state-of-the-art studio equipment and facilities. It’s one of the reasons why our students have 100% job placement upon graduation.
Why Contemporary Music Industry at NU?
- Choose from two areas of concentration: the Producer Track, or the Recording Arts Track.
- Attend small classes where you receive personal attention from award-winning instructors who are industry veterans.
- Study the fundamentals of analog and digital audio recording systems while exploring the workings of the music industry, but also learn how to understand music in an exciting, hands-on environment.
- Learn your craft using top-tier, industry-rated recording equipment and facilities.
- Put your learning into action through local and national internships that offer real-world experience in employment and ministry contexts.
- Take advantage of NU’s close proximity to Seattle, which is one of the top six music scenes in the U.S.
- Benefit from the program’s 100% job placement record since launching in 2010.
Tracks to Choose From
- Producer Track: Create a live musical event or a recording project.
- Recording Arts Technology Track: Apply recording technology in the production of a live musical event or recording project which meets industry standard.
- Kirkland Performing Arts Center, (Kirkland, WA)
- Overlake Christian Church, (Redmond, WA)
- New Life Church, (Renton, WA)
- Canyon Hills Church, (Bothell, WA)
- City Church, (All Locations)
- Vossler Media Group, (Kirkland, WA)
- EastWest Studios, (Los Angeles, CA)
Common Career Paths
A degree from our Music Industry program can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the fields that a degree in the contemporary music industry can open up for you include:
- Recording Engineering
- Music Production
- Church Music
- TV & Radio
- Movie and Game Soundtracks