Bachelor of Science in Data Science
New Program Starting Fall 2021
Become a Data Scientist
Learn the skills necessary to launch you to the forefront of the competitive tech industry. Gain skills in statistical analysis, constructing data models, software programming tools, and more near Seattle, a major hub in the tech world.
As a career choice, Data Scientists enjoy such benefits as favorable job environments, promising career outlooks, and competitive compensation. Today, one can find data science practitioners in startups as well as global corporations and governmental institutions, working on almost any topic: health information management, cybersecurity, clinical research, insurance and risk management, financial tech, market research, and sports analytics, to name a few.
Opportunities for Graduates in Data Science
There are literally hundreds of titles that are in use for jobs related to data science, but roughly they fall into three categories:
- Data Scientist – analyze large amounts of raw and processed data with the goal of helping strategic decision making, in industry, government, NGO, or any business and institutional entities.
- Data Analyst – similar to data scientist but with more domain specific focuses and possibly more tactical.
- Data Engineer – by building systems or utilizing tools, prepare large amounts of data for analysis by data scientists or analysts.
When you graduate with your degree in Data Science, you will be able to:
- Apply the iterative approach of “design thinking” methods to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Identify techniques and methods for analyzing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Demonstrate proficiency with statistical analysis of data.
- Construct a variety of data-based models for purposes of analyzing large amounts of data
- Analyze the results of data-based models as a way of drawing conclusions about the underlying data
- Apply the use of software programming tools as a way of performing complex data analysis
- Apply data science concepts and methods to solve problems in real-world contexts and will communicate these solutions effectively.
We’re in Good Company
We are neighbors to some of the most successful companies of the 21st century, including Microsoft, Google, Boeing, and Amazon. These game-changing corporations are great places to intern or work once you graduate. It’s no wonder why our home, Kirkland, was voted by Money Magazine as the fifth best place to live in the U.S.