Bachelor of Arts in Audio Production
Program Currently Under Development
Audio production and engineering skills are necessary elements of a wide variety of creative positions in several areas within media arts. The most obvious example of this is undoubtedly in the recording studio for songs and albums and the sound board for musical performances. However, similar skills are also required for movies, marketing videos, video games, television broadcast, and even audio books. This degree program will focus on all elements of audio recording and engineering, including sound editing and mixing, sound design, production audio, live audio, dialogue editing, sound mixing, etc.
Why Audio Production at Northwest University?
Our Audio Production degree is the only four-year accredited program in the Pacific Northwest to offer in-depth training in the recording arts. You'll learn from music industry veterans who know firsthand what it takes to succeed. And you'll record at production studios that are the envy of other programs. If your goal is to become a leader in the arts and entertainment industry, this is the program for you. Most importantly, it's all done within the framework of a distinctly Christian environment.
Graduates with a degree in Audio Production will be able to:
- Apply the iterative approach of “design thinking” methods to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrate expertise at using commercial audio engineering equipment.
- Demonstrate expertise as audio engineers of a live or studio recording event.
- Apply recording technology as producers of both live and studio recording events.
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing professional software tools for sound editing
- Articulate how their faith informs their work in the field of Audio Production and Engineering
Common Career Paths
Audio Production or Audio Engineering professionals are the experts in designing, recording, mixing, editing, setting up the environment and producing movies, musical recordings, live shows, or video games. It involves technical and engineering talent as well as artistic and design skills. The goal of this program is to train the future leaders and technical specialists with the expertise and experience needed to become leaders in these fields, and it will also provide the cornerstone classes for other media arts degree programs.
Specific employment opportunities for graduates with this degree include:
- Audio Engineer
- Audio Producer
- Broadcast Engineer
- Sound Designer
- Audio Editor
- Audio Programmer
We're in Good Company
What types of courses will I take?
- AVPE 2013 Survey of Audio Technology
- AVPE 2213 Recording Engineering
- AVPE 2223 Recording Engineering
- AVPE 2523 Digital Audio Workstations
- AVPE 3233 Recording Engineering
- AVPE 2533 Digital Audio Workstations
- AVPE 3103 Live Sound
- AVPE 3413 Sound Design
- AVPE 3901 Professional Music Industry Tour
- AVPE 3xx3 Audio Integration
- AVPE 4xx3 Sound Design for Games
- AVPE 4933 Live Sound Practicum
- AVPE 4943 Audio Production Internship
- AVPE 4593 Advanced Audio Production/Capstone
Talk to one of our enrollment counselors to get the answers you need.
Call 1-800-669-3781 or find your counselor online.