Bachelor of Arts in Video Production
Program Currently Under Development
Video production and digital filmmaking skills open up a wide variety of creative positions within such industries as motion picture or documentary production, marketing videos, live video for TV or sporting events, video streaming of events or church services, and even video game development. This degree program focuses on all elements of digital video technology and production and audio recording and engineering, including composition, editing, staging, live productions, etc.
Why Video Production at Northwest University?
The Creatio School of Technology is centered around the idea that all of its programs would begin with foundational courses in “Design Thinking”, an iterative, human-centered approach to innovation which starts with an understanding of the user and problem space, challenges assumptions, and redefines problems in order to develop the “optimal” outcomes. With this structure, the extensive technological and professorial resources at our disposal, and our commitment to providing Christ-centered degrees, NU’s Video Production major is truly a program unlike any other. You will receive the highest quality training with faith-filled instruction in a region known for its creativity and endless creative opportunity.
Graduates with a degree in Video Production will be able to:
- Apply the iterative approach of “design thinking” methods to develop new and innovative audio and video productions.
- Demonstrate expertise at using commercial video photography equipment.
- Demonstrate expertise as cinematographers for live or studio recording event.
- Apply commercial video editing technology to convert raw film footage to final video production. Articulate how their faith informs their work in the field of video production and digital filmmaking.
Common Career Paths
Video Production or Digital Filmmaking professionals are the experts in designing, recording, editing, staging and producing movies, musical recordings, live shows, or video games. It involves technical and engineering talent as well as artistic and design skills. The goal of this program is to train the future leaders and technical specialists with the expertise and experience needed to become leaders in these fields, and it will also provide the cornerstone classes for other media arts degree programs (such as film and cinematography).
Specific employment opportunities for graduates with this degree include:
- Video Producer
- Audio Producer
- Sound Designer
- Video Editor
- Audio Editor
- Game Producer
- Game Designer or Developer
We're in Good Company
What types of courses will I take?
- AVPE 2013 Survey of Audio Technology
- AVPE 2xx3 Survey of Video Technology
- AVPE 2xx3 Digital Video Production
- AVPE 2213 Recording Engineering
- AVPE 3xx3 Cinematography
- AVPE 3xx3 Visual Storytelling
- AVPE 3xx3 Digital Video Editing
- AVPE 3413 Sound Design
- AVPE 3xx3 Digital Video Production
- AVPE 3xx3 Film Directing
- AVPE 4xx3 Digital Video Editing
- AVPE 4xx3 Live Videography Practicum
- AVPE 4943 Video Production Internship
- AVPE 4xx3 Advanced Video Production/Capstone
Talk to one of our enrollment counselors to get the answers you need.
Call 1-800-669-3781 or find your counselor online.