Dr. Kevin Hall
College of Adult and Professional Studies
- D.Min. Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- M.Div. Regent College
- B.A. Northwest College
College of Adult and Professional Studies and College of Ministry
Kevin met his wife, Josie, while they were both teaching Palestinian children in the occupied West Bank of Israel. They now have three wonderful daughters: Hannah, Emily, and Kaisa.
Kevin has worn several different hats in his vocational life: shower door installer, waiter, painter, juvenile rehabilitation counselor and program manager at Echo Glen's Children's Center; and for twenty years, a pastor.
Kevin enjoys his two favorite football teams, his beloved UW Huskies and Seattle Seahawks. He also enjoys golfing, playing the guitar, making homemade pesto, watching Wes Anderson movies, shopping at Goodwill, a good joke, sharing the nuances of the Christian faith and serving in overseas missions. But most of all, Kevin enjoys spending time with his family.
“The Hidden Conversion: Reflections on Hospitality as a Framework for Discipleship.” Resonance: A Theological Journal, Winter, 2018, vol. 4.4
- Dune by Frank Herbert,
- Under the Unpredictable Plant by Eugene Peterson
- Making Room by Christine Pohl
- The Bible and the New York Times by Fleming Rutledge
- Discovering Biblical Equality – Pierce and Groothuis, eds.
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Complete Stories by Flannery O'Connor
- Knowing God by J.I. Packer
- The Widening Light by Lucy Shaw
- Awed to Heaven, Rooted in Earth by Walter Brueggemann
- Watership Down by Richard Adams
- The Earthsea Trilogy by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Old Testament History and Literature
- Pentecostal Spirituality
- Christian Thought
- Theology of Ministry Essentials
- Effective Preaching
- Reading the Bible: Exegesis and Interpretation
- Ministry Internships
- Discipleship and Spiritual Formation
- Ministry Life and Calling