- M.M. University of Washington, 1982
- B.A. Northwest College, 1979
- B.A. Musushino Music Conservatory, 1977
From an early age, I was exposed to piano and ear training. Music has always been a part of who I am. I have been blessed to enjoy a balanced musical environment and to receive good music education from two countries. After early piano training in Japan, which heavily emphasizes displays of technique, I was blessed to meet the great teachers in the U.S. who taught greater emphasis on “listening”—subtle tone colors, historical and stylistic interpretation, and flexibility of musical understanding.
I have performed in numerous concerts and recitals as a soloist and an accompanist in various styles of music, which helped me to broaden my musical taste and understanding.
I came to Northwest University as a student in 1977, became an adjunct faculty in 1985, and a full-time faculty in the fall of 2000.
The majority of my time is spent preparing for theory classes and working with theory students. I have a passion for my students’ “Ah ha" moments and analyzing everything I hear.
- "The Lord Reigns Forever"
- Faculty Piano Recital “Hymns & Classical Music” 2003
- Faculty Piano Recital “Hymns & Classical Music” 2005
- Faculty Piano Recital “Hymns & Classical Music” 2009