Danette Ver Woert
- Ph.D. Northwest University, 2023
- M.N. University of Washington, Bothell, 2015
- B.S.N. Northwest University, 2011
As a high school student, Danette envisioned becoming either a teacher or an international nurse. Today, she is honored to live into both dreams. She is passionately curious higher education, and nursing ethics. She is energized by opportunities to empower students, specifically young women, in leadership development. Her biggest dream is to support efforts in elevating the profession of nursing around the world. Her nursing background includes in-patient adult oncology, out-patient Urgent Care, and healthcare consulting. She is currently writing her dissertation about the lived experience of nursing faculty encountering ethical challenges in non-clinical settings, specifically in higher education.
Swimming, biking, running.
Higher Education, Nursing Ethics, Cross-Cultural Experiences, Gen-Z in the workplace, Organizational Leadership, Academic Writing, Qualitative Research, Curriculum Development, Online Learning.
- Kelly, P., Vottero, B., Christie-McAuliffe, C. A., & Christie-McAuliffe, C. (3rd Ed.). (2021). Introduction to quality and safety education for nurses: Core competencies. Springer Publishing Company.
- First-editor for Chapter 6, “Delegation”
- Ford, S. (2022) Introductory Clinical Pharmacology (12th edition). Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer.
- Peer reviewer for Chapter 49 “Immune Blockers”
- Peer reviewer for Chapter 51, “Immune Modulating Therapies”
- Presented “Nursing Ethics: Application in Clinical Settings” –with nursing students in Kazakhstan (February 2020)
- Presented “Managing Conflict in Health Care Settings” – with nursing students in Kazakhstan (February 2019)
- Presented paper, Learning Through Serving: A Multidisciplinary Approach to Community Engagement in Higher Education – in Kazakhstan (September 2017)
- Presented “Nursing Education in the United States” – with nursing students in Kazakhstan (February 2016)
- Presented “Orienting Newly Graduated Nurses in Home Health” – Seattle, WA 2015
- Garden City by John Mark Comer
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Organizational Culture and Leadership by Schein and Schein
- Reboot: Leadership And The Art of Growing Up by Jerry Colonna
- The Heart of Higher Education by Arthur Zajonc, Megan Scribner, and Parker Palmer