Financial Aid

Veterans Benefits for Northwest Partnership Students

Northwest University is approved as an educational institution for the use of VA educational benefits. Application should be made via the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The University will make the proper certifications as to enrollment and attendance after the student has enrolled in the University.

The links below are maintained primarily by government resources. Should you be unable to connect to a resource due to a broken link, please email

Veteran Affairs (VA) Links and Contact Information

VA Education Service
Muskogee, Oklahoma Regional VA Office
Toll-Free: 1-888-442-4551
8:00AM – 5:00PM Central Time Zone

Certification of Courses

The Veteran's Administration relies upon the certifying official of Northwest University to  verify the courses taken by veterans as a basis for determining payment of benefits. Certification for College of Adult & Professional Studies students is based on the following levels:

Full Time = 12 or more credits/semester
3/4 Time = 9 to 11 credits/semester
1/2 Time = 6 to 8 credits/semester
Less than 1/2 time = 1 to 5 credits/semester -- will receive payment towards tuition and required fees only.

Special Notes - All Academic Programs

As with all Northwest University students, those students receiving VA Education Benefits must maintain satisfactory academic progress.  Students placed on academic probation will be reported to VA.  VA offers counseling services for academic success upon request.

Students receiving VA Education Benefits must  enroll only in courses required for their major.

*Special Notes - College of Adult & Professional Studies Students

Students in the College of Adult & Professional Studies are enrolled in sequentially offered courses through their term, rather than the traditional format of four to five courses over a full term. Because of this difference, VA required that certification be made per course, versus per term.

Application Forms

VA Application: Online Application

Submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility to School Certifying Officer (SCO)



Veteran’s Benefit Coordinator
425-889-5232 (8:00am – 5:00pm M–F)