Northwest University Honors Program
The honors program provides an interdisciplinary space for the development of students specifically gifted in the academic arena. By facilitating close relationships with our exceptional faculty, the honors program empowers these students as scholars, servants, and citizens, holding them to high standards within both the classroom and the community.
Students accepted into the honors program will have opportunities as:
Scholars, to achieve academic excellence through participation in research, production of an honors thesis, and publication in Harvest, NU’s journal of original student research.
Servants, to embody spiritual vitality through student leadership, participation in service projects on campus, and local missions projects coordinated with Campus Ministries.
Citizens, to engage with human need through Multicultural Life events, global and local missions trips, and a study trip to Washington D.C.
Participation in an honors program has tangible benefits for your time at Northwest, as well as your future beyond college. To name a few…
- You will be part of a small cohort of like-minded students.
- You will take part in classes specifically designed for honors students by our best faculty.
- You will work closely with faculty within your major to produce an honors thesis.
Outside of Northwest:
- You demonstrate to potential employers and graduate schools a rigor and dedication to scholarly inquiry.
- You acquire skills and experiences through hands-on learning that prepare you for a wide variety of paths.
- You develop a close community of peers that will persist as both a professional and personal network.
While the honors program does have basic GPA and test score requirements listed below, an even more crucial factor in a student’s admission is his or her entire intellectual orientation. The honors program seeks students with a voracious appetite for learning—an innate curiosity that crosses disciplinary boundaries and that finds in all academic fields signposts pointing toward God’s goodness, beauty, and truth.
All students invited to the President’s Scholarship Competition are invited to apply for the Northwest University honors program. To apply and learn more, please refer to the honors program application.