Exchange Undergraduate Students
Students from NU partner universities are eligible to apply for an NU exchange for 1-2 semesters: Handong Global University, Ewha Womans University, Gachon University, Soongsil University, Seoul Christian University.
Students who do not have a qualifying TOEFL score to be Exchange students may still apply to enroll in the CELE intensive English program for 1-2 semesters. CELE students can Audit NU academic courses.
Students who are accepted as Exchange students will receive a full 'Tuition' waiver, and should indicate that on the Financial Responsibility form. The remaining fees and housing expenses must be verified on the Statement of Financial Responsibility and the first semester's expenses must be paid before NU can issue an I-20.
- Summer: 4/15
- Fall: 6/1
- Spring: 10/1
How to Apply
Contact us with any questions that you may have: email@example.com.
- Submit Exchange Student Application:
- Download the following forms and fill out:
- Statement of Financial Responsibility
- Affidavit of Support (if you are being sponsored by a US Citizen)
- Academic reference form
- Request an official transcript from your High School and any other school you have attended to be sent directly to NU.
- Request English proficiency test (TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS) scores be sent to Northwest University (institutional code 4541). Only students with 80/6.5 qualify for the undergraduate exchange program. If exchange students have below 80/6.5, students are eligible to participate in the Center for English Language Education program at NU and must pay the full CELE rates. CELE students are eligible to audit up to two NU classes.
- Mail the completed, downloaded forms AND $30 application fee to:
P.O. Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
For Faster Review: email a PDF of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Final acceptance will be given after paper application and application fee is received.
Find Out More
Or contact our Admissions Office.